Welcome again to the home of Easy Healthy Recipes on Budget & Easy Healthy dessert on Budget, Today i will guide you how to make “Zucchini Cornbread Casserole”. I made this Delicious recipe a few days ago, and I absolutely loved it and enjoyed it with my family. It came out very tasty and flavorful.
Don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious healthy recipe is easy to make and i walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it!
- “vanesa” : I have made this recipe two times. The first – per the instructions. It was way to wet, but good flavor. The second time I grated the zucchini and lightly salted it and put it in a collander for about an hour. I squeezed the zucchini at the end of that time before adding it to the recipe. (I had over a cup of liquid!) I also added all the cheese to the mix instead of using half for the top. Now it was great!!
- “smith” : The first time I made this it tasted like a zucchini pound cake! I never knew packaged cornbread mix had sugar in it. Why would anybody do that? The next time I made it using a mix that didn’t have sugar in it (Shawnee Mills) and it was great! Added a teaspoon of dried basil and a teaspoon of minced garlic. I also covered the dish with aluminum foil, baked for 45 minutes, then removed the foil and baked for 15 minutes more. A 5 star recipe that is highly recommended once you get rid of the sugar!
- “crystal” : Great recipe and good use of zucchini! Light, fluffy, excellent cornbread! Company loved it!!! Update: You must drain the zucchini… lightly salt the zucchini and let sit for 15 min minimally to weep the zucchini. Press out any remaining water before adding it to your mix. Additions you can add to enhance the flavor: grilled corn off the cob, diced sweet red pepper, green ortega chili’s, onion, or any type of spicy cheese.
- “anna” : 5/31 made it again. This time subbed SHARP cheddar, 3 green onions and yellow squash 3 cups only, no zuke nor salt nor pepper. Added 1/3 cup heavy cream. Family raved about the changes. Otherwise first time: Good zucchini spoonbread. omitted the basil and it tasted great. Maybe could shorten the baking time because the cheese was so done it created a crust. UPDATE: make a day ahead with changes, heat oven to 350 to warm, cut into squares, arrange in bigger pan uncovered, heat for 30 minutes. Tastes like they have been FRIED!!! omg! Wedding reception guests fought over them.
- “hayden” : Awesome with a few modifications. Sliced the squash, and salted it, then laid it out on paper towels to dry out. I used half an onion (and will probably use less next time as I’m not a big onion person), doubled the cheese and mixed in with the rest of the ingredients, added 8oz of sour cream. Baked covered at 350 for an hour, and then broiled for about 10 minutes to make it a little more crisp. Next time I will try a ritz cracker topping.
- “robin” : Strictly for my own notes. Did not have the package of dry mix so made my own, 1 1/2 c cornmeal, 1/2 c flour, 1 t salt, 1 T baking powder, 2 eggs beaten in measuring cup and then added in enough heavy cream to make 1 cup. Added in the cheese to the corn meal and flour mix and the zucchini shreds. Mixed it all together with about 1/4 cup oil and then put in 425* oven in a hot, oiled cast iron skillet and let bake for 30-40 minutes. Served with grilled pork chops, mac and cheese, salad, spinach. Awesome! (We don’t care for sweet corn bread)
So HOW TO MAKE THIS TASTY RECIPE? don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious homemade recipe is easy to make and walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it on the next page!
Please head on over to > NEXT PAGE button:
To get More helpful tips as well as many other delicious Healthy Recipes follow us on PINTEREST :