Welcome again to the home of Easy Healthy Recipes on Budget & Easy Healthy dessert on Budget, Today i will guide you how to make “Thai Cashew Chicken”. I made this Delicious recipe a few days ago, and I absolutely loved it and enjoyed it with my family. It came out very tasty and flavorful.
Don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious healthy recipe is easy to make and i walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it!
- “angela” : This was delicious and not too salty at all. I made a bunch of changes however. First I didn’t marinate the chicken for 2 hours because I forgot.:) It only ended up marinating for about 10 minutes. Second I omitted the peanut butter entirely to cut back on the sugar/fat content. Third I used double the amount of cashews (UNSALTED) and toasted them under the broiler first. Then I threw them in with the chicken mixture and let them cook in the sauce for a few minutes. Fourth I mixed a little cornstarch with water and added that to the mixture to thicken it. Fifth I used about a tsp. of chili oil instead of hot pepper sauce. Finally I served it over basmati rice instead of jasmine. I used regular soy sauce (not the low sodium kind) and had no problem with the salt content. Hubby loved it!
- “kim” : This is excellent and worth the work. I didn’t change anything but I did add more vegetables. More cause I was craving green than anything else. Snow peas bok choy and celery are nice additions. I did do the peanut butter sauce but next time if I add it I’ll only do 2 tbsp. I could really taste the pb. Tasting during cooking made me wish I’d skipped it altogether the brown sugar/sesame oil made a fantastic glaze on its own. When you do the oil/sugar mix make SURE you’re only on med heat. Trust me it makes quite the mess of your pan if you don’t pay attention. Also toast the cashews for a couple minutes first. But I will make this again. And it got rave reviews.
- “dara” : My son accidentally doubled the brown sugar and I was using a new hot sauce (Paw-paws Snake Bite) so I only put in half and this was a HUGE hit! We’ll be eating this A LOT!
- “nancy” : This was soooo good – my whole family loved it! I used a dash of crushed red pepper instead of the hot sauce since I worried that it might be too spicy for my kids otherwise and that seemed to give it the right amount of bearable kick. I went heavy on the brown sugar to counter the saltiness of the soy and fish sauces and it seemed to be just the right mix of flavors. I did not add the water since it seemed that I already had enough sauce from the marinade and the chicken and that worked out great. I thought it needed more veggies so I added some shredded carrots to the stir fry which turned out to be the perfect addition. Also I cooked udon noodles separately and then tossed everything together at the end. One more thing – I highly recommend that you flash-fry your cashews in a frying pan with a little oil until they brown – it only takes a couple of minutes and it makes such a huge difference in the flavor! This was a very tasty dinner that I will be happy to make again!
- “lina” : Sounds like some others didn’t enjoy this recipe too much but my boyfriend and I loved it. I made it at his place though and he doesn’t have measuring spoons so I just guessed on the amounts–I went light on the fish sauce (which smells funny but everything tasted good) and heavy on the red pepper sauce and everything turned out great. Thanks for the recipe.
- “paula” : This dish is like the one I had at my favorite Thai Restaurant and it’s so good and the flavors of this dish are awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Skoals. This is a real treat for Thai Cashew Chicken lovers!!!!!!!!!!!!
So HOW TO MAKE THIS TASTY RECIPE? don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious homemade recipe is easy to make and walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it on the next page!
Please head on over to > NEXT PAGE button:
To get More helpful tips as well as many other delicious Healthy Recipes follow us on PINTEREST :