This dough makes wonderful dinner rolls but can also be used to make cinnamon rolls. Mixing it in your bread machine but bake the rolls in the oven. They’re light, soft and sweet.
- ½ cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- ½ cup warm milk
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup butter, softened
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- Step 1Place water, milk, egg, 1/3 cup butter, sugar, salt, flour and yeast in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select Dough/Knead and First Rise Cycle; press Start.
- Step 2When cycle finishes, turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide dough in half. Roll each half into a 12 inch circle, spread 1/4 cup softened butter over entire round. Cut each circle into 8 wedges. Roll wedges starting at wide end; roll gently but tightly. Place point side down on ungreased cookie sheet. Cover with clean kitchen towel and put in a warm place, let rise 1 hour. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Step 3Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes, until golden.
Per Serving: 192 calories; protein 3.9g; carbohydrates 27.1g; fat 7.5g; cholesterol 30mg; sodium 201.5mg.