Welcome again to the home of Easy Healthy Recipes on Budget & Easy Healthy dessert on Budget, Today i will guide you how to make “Sweet and Sour Chicken”. I made this Delicious recipe a few days ago, and I absolutely loved it and enjoyed it with my family. It came out very tasty and flavorful.
Don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious healthy recipe is easy to make and i walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it!
- “sally” : Awesome recipe best sweet and sour I’ve ever had – even from a restaurant. My husband is picky and he requests this and our girls (also picky) like being able to just eat the chicken as nuggets if they don’t feel like having sweet and sour chicken. Tips: 1) The amount of water you’re supposed to add to make the batter is confusing I just add water gradually until it is the texture of thick pancake batter. 2) I season the chicken with salt pepper and garlic powder after cutting it into cubes and let it sit while I prepare the batter. 3) Because I never have self-rising flour I add 1/2 tsp. salt and 1 1/2 tsp baking powder to the flour. 4)I make twice the amount of sauce – it’s just not enough! 5) I have also used 1/2 pineapple juice 1/2 mandarin juice to give it a little change. 6) I use apple cider vinegar instead of white vinegar – tasty!
- “stephanie” : WOW! The chicken tasted just like the fingers at a chineze restaurant. the S & S sauce too. But be prepared it makes alot! Next time i will scale it to make half. Thanx for a great recipe.
- “linda” : Thank you for ending my search for restaurant-like sweet & sour. Yours is so much better! What really impressed me was the batter for the chicken. I haven’t had much luck with this before. I made a lot of messes and was never satisfied with the results until now. It was so easy to work with. It completly covered the chicken pieces & stayed intact when frying. As some of the others I don’t use self-rising flour so I had to add baking powder & salt to regular flour & the result was excellent. I used “Uncle Bill’s Sweet & Sour Sauce” found on this website cause I had frozen pineapple juice that I need to use up. Now I am pondering all the wonderful things I can batter & fry like mushrooms zucchini onion rings (remove thin skin before battering) thick pickle slices (try it!) fish filets shrimp…
- “jennifer” : OMG! This was so amazing! The batter for the chicken is perfect and turns out so yummy! No greasy at all! I did make a few small changes. I stir fried the pineapple and the bell peppers (I used red) with some other veggies (carrots zucchini yellow squash onion mushrooms & celery) and some pepper minced garlic and soy sauce. When I served everything (family style) I kept it in separate bowls and let people decide how much sauce they wanted on their own plates. It will make reheating the chicken easier too! It is a great recipe and one that will make it into my rotation! Even my picky kids (ages 8 6 4 1) ate it up!
- “sarah” : This is a yummy but labor intensive recipe. I followed several reviewers suggestions and seasoned the meat before placing in batter. Didn’t have self-rising flour so used 1/2 tsp. baking powder and a little salt. Liked the idea of holding the prepared meat in a seperate dish to keep the sauce from making it soggy. This works for pork as well.
- “nancy” : This is just as good (if not better) than what you’d order at a Chinese food restaurant! I’ve made this many times and follow the directions exactly with no changes. It doesn’t need any! I will usually serve it with quick Chinese noddles fried rice or chow mein. We LOVE this recipe!
So HOW TO MAKE THIS TASTY RECIPE? don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious homemade recipe is easy to make and walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it on the next page!
Please head on over to > NEXT PAGE button:
To get More helpful tips as well as many other delicious Healthy Recipes follow us on PINTEREST :