Welcome again to the home of Easy Healthy Recipes on Budget & Easy Healthy dessert on Budget, Today i will guide you how to make “SOUTHWESTERN SQUASH CASSEROLE”. I made this Delicious recipe a few days ago, and I absolutely loved it and enjoyed it with my family. It came out very tasty and flavorful.
Don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious healthy recipe is easy to make and i walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it!
- “khatie” : Seems so simple but very good. I dumped a bunch of water out the bottom but then worried it would be too dry… just dolloped some sour cream on top = perfect! Next time I will cut squash smaller so easier to mix the layers. Thanks for the recipe! (Oh, needed to use up some pinto beans and was able to put in 3 1/2 cups!)
- “charlen” : This is my third time to make this, and we love it! I’m vegan, my husband and son are not, so I separate this into two casserole dishes, one with cheese and one without. I top mine with diced avocado, and I’m convinced that mine is every bit as good as the one with cheese. Mmmm. I did find that the squash was a little undercooked the first go round, so I started putting just the squash in the casserole dish, covering it with foil, and baking it for 15 minutes before adding the other ingredients.
- “jamie” : I love the flavors of this recipe, but I think it might need something to make it less watery. I worried about the texture when I put it in and it came out with a lot of liquid. I think next time I’ll add some crackers to the mixture as well as sprinkling them on top. Really the only things I change was I used 2 yellow squash and 2 zucchini and I tossed in the squash/zucchini with the other vegetables to cook just a touch (not all the way through.) When I realized it wasn’t as thick as I hoped, I put it on top of some refried beans and it was great! I think I might strain out some water and use this as either taco salad topper or layer this with some tortillas for a Southwest casserole. The flavor is EXCELLENT – just gonna play with it to get the texture I want.
- “melara” : I used acorn squash and went easy on spice in order to accommodate my family and it tasted delicious. I will definitely make this again. I also did not sauté everything as long as the recipe suggested. Instead, I threw it in the oven while peppers were still crispy and then baked until tender.
- “ady” : I’ve made this several times, now. Found I liked layering thickly sliced mushrooms (or Portobellos), cheese and peppers like a lasagna. Good flavor and texture, and even good visual appeal out of the oven! This has become a regular menu addition in my house!
- “amanda” : Loved it! I think the recipe means 4 small squash or 4 cups? But I used two large and upgraded to a 9×13. I like that you can change the recipe to how hot or mild you would like and the other half who always has meat with his meals actually liked it! (The black beans help that scenario) I will be making this again and sharing the recipe with family members!
So HOW TO MAKE THIS TASTY RECIPE? don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious homemade recipe is easy to make and walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it on the next page!
Please head on over to > NEXT PAGE button:
To get More helpful tips as well as many other delicious Healthy Recipes follow us on PINTEREST :