Welcome again to the home of Easy Healthy Recipes on Budget & Easy Healthy dessert on Budget, Today i will guide you how to make “Southwestern Quinoa Salad”. I made this Delicious recipe a few days ago, and I absolutely loved it and enjoyed it with my family. It came out very tasty and flavorful.
Don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious healthy recipe is easy to make and i walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it!
- “naela” : Great Recipe! I made this for 40 people, and it was a hit! The only thing I did differently was use 1/2 chicken broth, 1/2 water to cut down on the salt a bit.
- “clara” : This was very yummy, especially with the addition of a chopped jalapeno! Making the Quinoa I substituted olive oil for butter, used water and 1 tsp kosher salt. I needed to make ahead so I used a different technique; cooked quinoa and refrigerated overnight in a separate bowl by itself; then chopped all the vegetables except cilantro, added a chopped jalapeno, used fresh cooked corn off the cobb, mixed in a bowl set aside. Then made a dressing with the lime juice, vinegar, olive oil and adobo seasoning (I made my own seasoning; does not contain salt or MSG); tossed with vegetable mix; tossed in the drained and rinsed beans and marinated mixture over night. The next morning; chopped the cilantro; gently folded with the vegetables; then folded in the quinoa; put back in refridgerator. Just before serving gently folded in the feta cheese and garnished with whole cilantro leaves. Did not use any extra salt; except when cooking quinoa. The cheese is very salty, no need to add extra. The day after my party I added left over cut up grilled chicken to the left over salad. Even my meat and potatoes husband LOVED it!
- “anna” : This is a keeper and will go into my regular rotation. BEWARE – start with less lime and then adjust the dressing a little at a time. I did use olive oil instead of butter and diced red and yellow peppers. Some people were a little leary of this salad but those that tried it, loved it.
- “kathy” : Loved this salad! I didn’t have adobo, so I made my own (garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, cayenne). I didn’t have a tomato on hand, but it was great w/out it!
- “lorisa” : So easy and tasty. I used red quinoa which makes the presentation very beautiful. I omitted the cheese, but added in a fresh jalapeno to my sautee mix. Finally, I made a wrap with the quinoa salad- a warm whole wheat tortilla with some pepper jack cheese and avocado. A great lunch!
- “liza” : My husband requested this salad as a side to go with mesquite grilled chicken and zucchini. Obviously, it made quite an impression on him, which is a compliment to the author of this recipe! I have only made it one time months ago but HE remembered it. Made per the recipe, FANTASTIC!
So HOW TO MAKE THIS TASTY RECIPE? don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious homemade recipe is easy to make and walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it on the next page!
Please head on over to > NEXT PAGE button:
To get More helpful tips as well as many other delicious Healthy Recipes follow us on PINTEREST :