Welcome again to the home of Easy Healthy Recipes on Budget & Easy Healthy dessert on Budget, Today i will guide you how to make “Slow Cooker French Onion Soup”. I made this Delicious recipe a few days ago, and I absolutely loved it and enjoyed it with my family. It came out very tasty and flavorful.
Don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious healthy recipe is easy to make and i walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it!
- “megan” : Excellent! I followed this recipe to the letter (with the exception of substituting the Gruyere and Emmental with provolone and Swiss) and the soup was to weep for. The smell drove us mad all day long: it was hard to wait 8 hrs! Thanks for the recipe!
- “susie” : This is a great recipe. I couldn’t find Emmental so I subbed in Swiss. If you put the bread right in the soup it kind of soaks it up and turns soggy so you can coop that right up with your spoon along with the soup – or, if you don’t like soggy bread you can not do that. The bread is definitely key, though.
- “kendra” : I made this for the 2nd time last night. It’s so easy and elegant! This time I used the crockpot to caramelize 3-4lbs sweet onion with 1/2 cup butter and tsp sea salt for six hours (on high)….Then added 4 cups good rich beef stock, thyme, red table wine and black pepper. Cooked on low for another 6 hrs. Cooking down the onions first in the crock made this so buttery and delicious. Top with toasted baguette with melted swiss.
- “rebecca” : WOW! I carmelized my onions early this morning. (took about an hour). I wouldn’t skip this step – IT IS what makes the soup. You just can’t duplicate that flavor! Also do NOT skip the sherry! I used Swanson beef stock, fresh thyme and a dried bay leaf. It is in the crock pot now and will be ready for when we come back from two junior high basketball games around 7 pm. Having it with hamburgers for dinner tonight. It is going to take ALL OF ME not to go in the kitchen to ladle a bowl in secret! WISH I had oven proof crocks, that way I could broil the cheese on top of the soup…..but we will improvise and it will still be great! GREAT RECIPE!
- “dana” : Made this recipe today for my family and it was a HUGE success!! I could not find the Emmental cheese, so I just used the Gruyere, Parmesan and Mozzarella. Next time I may just use a shredded 5 cheese italian and call it a day. Gruyere is expensive but oh so good! I did carmelize the onions and it was fantastic. I also used Swanson Beef Stock, fresh thyme and fresh Bay leaf as well. Sherry was the key. What a rich flavor this turned out to be. Definitely on my monthly rotation! Thank you!
- “nancy” : Made this twice. Once carmelizing the onions, and once not. Takeing the time to carmalize it made a muh richer flavor.This was soooooo good! I had to skip the Enmental cheese because I didn’t know what it was but the Gruyere took this soup “over the top” on flavor!
So HOW TO MAKE THIS TASTY RECIPE? don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious homemade recipe is easy to make and walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it on the next page!
Please head on over to > NEXT PAGE button:
To get More helpful tips as well as many other delicious Healthy Recipes follow us on PINTEREST :