Welcome again to the home of Easy Healthy Recipes on Budget & Easy Healthy dessert on Budget, Today i will guide you how to make “Shepherd’s Pie”. I made this Delicious recipe a few days ago, and I absolutely loved it and enjoyed it with my family. It came out very tasty and flavorful.
Don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious healthy recipe is easy to make and i walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it!
- “melisa” : My hubby always asks his mom to bake her famous Shepherd’s Pie when we go to visit. I have never made it for fear that it would not be as good as hers and he wouldn’t want to eat it. This recipe was fantastic, and everyone gobbled three helpings!
- “clara” : I’ve made this so many times that I must give everyone my updates. First, I season the beef with whatever I have on hand (onion powder, garlic powder, seasoning salt, meat magic, etc.) I use canned veggies (drained), and then top it with instant potatoes. (I use either 4 cheese or roasted garlic!) Then I top with about 1 cup of cheese (any cheddar mix will do.) The result is delicious AND it is sooooooo much faster!!! Great weekday meal for the meat-and-potatoes type family! I’ve also made it with the brown gravy instead of the beef broth – husband did NOT like that… he much prefers the broth. Gravy gives it almost a beef stew texture. Update 2: I also use the bagged steamed veggies that I’ve become a huge fan of. And yes, it does taste better if you use real onion and garlic.. just toss in a small food processor to chop.
- “samantha” : This recipe was fantastic! Like other’s here, I added a few little extra’s into the mix. Instead of the small amount of Ketchup, I added 1/4 cup… I used a FULL can of Beef Broth, and added 1/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce into the ground beef cooking section I would recommend adding a 1 cup of corn to the beef mixture as well when you add the broth and ketchup..etc…but use niblet corn… NOT peaches & cream or sweet corn, as the meal (with the carrots and extra ketchup added) can turn the taste a little sweeter than you might like it. I also added a bug dollop of sour cream to the mashed potatoes before I spread them across the casserole…(makes them smoother and easier to spread) This recipe is a keeper and one of my top 10’s here!
- “linda” : We REALLY liked this recipe. When I make any dinner with mashed potatoes I automaticly make way more mashed potatoes needed for that dinner, because I know I will make Shepherd’s pie for dinner within two days. I made a few changes, which my husband said was the best shepherd’s pie he has every eaten. I added 1/4 cup of worcheshire sauce to the hamburger when browning. I used a can of drained peas and carrots ( and eliminated the 5 carrots), then I added a can of drained whole corn on top of that. Instead of beef broth, I used a can of Franco American Beef Gravy. I would recommend this to anyone. Bon Appetit…
- “leslie” : This recipe was very tasty. I was skeptical about not using any spices in the meat mixture as I am the type of cook who loves spices. I did add garlic as I cannot imagine cooking without it!! Meat mixture was very moist, carrots lended a sweet taste to the pie and the onions & cheese in the potatoes was truly a great match. Would definitely make this recipe again. Family loved it. Other than it taking a lot longer than the indicated prep time this is definitely a hit in my books!!!
- “nancy” : I made this with two pounds of lean turkey burger, and about two cups of low sodium beef broth. Left overs were a hit too. Very tastey.
So HOW TO MAKE THIS TASTY RECIPE? don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious homemade recipe is easy to make and walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it on the next page!
Please head on over to > NEXT PAGE button:
To get More helpful tips as well as many other delicious Healthy Recipes follow us on PINTEREST :