Welcome again to the home of Easy Healthy Recipes on Budget & Easy Healthy dessert on Budget, Today i will guide you how to make “Sam’s Famous Carrot Cake”. I made this Delicious recipe a few days ago, and I absolutely loved it and enjoyed it with my family. It came out very tasty and flavorful.
Don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious healthy recipe is easy to make and i walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it!
- “brian” : This really is the best carrot cake in the world. I changed 3 things: reg. milk + 1 teaspooon lemon juice in place of buttermilk as I was out of it. 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg was added and also I covered my raisins with orange juice and brought them to a boil, letting them simmer for a couple of minutes. Took them off the heat and let cool. Drained them and added when prompted by recipe. Baked in 3 (9″) Cushionaire pans for 25 to 28 minutes. Frosted with 16 oz. cream cheese, 1 stick butter, 1 teaspoon each of almond and vanilla extracts and 32 oz. powdered sugar sifted. I had a carrot cake fan taste this and he said it was the best he’s ever eaten. It is! Thank you
- “marta” : My daughter and I tried 5 different carrot cake recipes to find one suitably delicious for a wedding cake and settled on this one. Even though this site says that the ‘Best Carrot Cake Ever’ is the best, this recipe won out over it as we had a family and friends “taste-off” before we made our final selection. It by far had the most flavor. Not too moist, not too crumbly. At the reception, person after person raved over the cake and asked for the recipe. We had very little left. Just enough so that we could enjoy some the next day. We did make a few minor changes. We omitted the coconut, walnuts and raisins. And increased the carrots to 3 cups.
- “chris” : Bravo,this is a wonderful recipie…I took a hint from a Gourmet magazine recipie and added grated rind of a lemon. In addition, I made the cream cheese icing with grated lemon rind and lemon juice..this cut the sweetness of the cake and gave it a glorious citrus flavour!!!!!!!!!
- “carol” : Modestly, I must rate this the best carrot cake ever since Sam was my grandfather. I wanted to post a public message thanking all those who have reviewed this recipe and gave it such high marks. I hope you all continue to enjoy it!
- “sandra” : I made this carrot cake because it had everything (coconut, walnuts, pineapple, and raisins) plus buttermilk. The only change I made was to put it into two round cake pans. If you do this reduce the cooking time by 15 minutes. I topped the cake with “whipped cream cream cheese frosting” from this site which is a great cream cheese frosting because it is not too sweet and went great with this cake. I will make this cake again!
- “melissa” : This is AMAZING! So Moist and filling and the flavour even develops more beatifully over the days. I First made this for mothers day and my mother claims this IS the BEST carrot cake ever tasted. Family has requested it again and again and also makes a lovely morning tea snack as it is quite an enormous cake to get through! Only thing I did first time was omit the raisins (personal preference) and divide mixture into 3 pans for a 3 layer cake used with “cream cheese frosting II” from this site. Second time around I halved the ingredients and still made a wonderful 2 layer cake. My only suggestion is to use your food processor throughout various stages to cut down on time and convenience which then makes this quite a quick cake to prepare. This is definately going to become a “secret” family heirloom for me as well. Thank you
So HOW TO MAKE THIS TASTY RECIPE? don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious homemade recipe is easy to make and walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it on the next page!
Please head on over to > NEXT PAGE button:
To get More helpful tips as well as many other delicious Healthy Recipes follow us on PINTEREST :