Welcome again to the home of Easy Healthy Recipes on Budget & Easy Healthy dessert on Budget, Today i will guide you how to make “One-Pot Cabbage Casserole”. I made this Delicious recipe a few days ago, and I absolutely loved it and enjoyed it with my family. It came out very tasty and flavorful.
Don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious healthy recipe is easy to make and i walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it!
- “sandy” : This was a very good recipe. However, I made a couple of adjustments. I wanted rice, so I added 1/2 cup of instant rice and added 1 cup of liquid. I try to use beef or chicken broth instead of water in most recipes, so I substituted beef broth in this case. My husband said it was better than rolled cabbage rolls. I agree, and I think the flavors blended better this way. I may never roll cabbage again.
- “diane” : I’ve been making this recipe for over 40+ years and there are so many variations. I’ve never had an actually recipe. I just throw ingredients in the pot. I’ve made it with ground turkey or chicken. I’ve omitted ground meats and added kielbasa and have also made it with sweet sausage. Always add garlic. Added rice or chopped or slice potato. Normally add a teaspoon or 2 of sugar. This is a great basic recipe play with the ingredients and spices. No matter what you add or not it’s always satisfying.
- “mina” : Unstuffed cabbage roll, genius. I tried this recipe, and it essentially mimics any cabbage roll filling. Don’t put Campbell’s soup in this. Instead, take a can of tomato paste and add water to your liking to taste. Tomato paste is tangy and can be regulated with your personal salt content. Campbell’s soup is salt in a can. I bought two cans of tomato paste in case I needed a tomato flavor. It’s cheap, and does not taste like soup, you are putting into, well, soup. I surfed the web and found a lot of people use brown sugar, vinegar, or lemon in the recipe. The vinegar and lemon would be used to cut the cabbage bitterness… and sugar… to mimic American-Italian sauces? They contain a lot of sugar, by the way. I did add a splash or two of Worcestershire sauce. BUT THAT’S IT. Turned out awesome. I freezed half of it for later. Everyone loved it.
- “kelly” : Only thing I changed was I added 1 cup of water and 1 cup of rice. This tastes just like Halupki’s without the mess of boiling the cabbage and wrapping with meat and rice.
- “hellen” : My family enjoys this recipe, but I add about 1/8 cup of vinegar & 1 tbsp of sugar to give it the flavor of the stuffed cabbage they love! Healthy, easy & delicious!!
- “sarah” : Tried it last night – loved that there are no starches. Used diced tomatoes with green chiles and threw in a few crushed peppers. It was delicious. My skeptical partner loved it. I am guessing very few Weight Watcher points
So HOW TO MAKE THIS TASTY RECIPE? don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious homemade recipe is easy to make and walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it on the next page!
Please head on over to > NEXT PAGE button:
To get More helpful tips as well as many other delicious Healthy Recipes follow us on PINTEREST :