Welcome again to the home of Easy Healthy Recipes on Budget & Easy Healthy dessert on Budget, Today i will guide you how to make “Old School Chicken and Rice Casserole”. I made this Delicious recipe a few days ago, and I absolutely loved it and enjoyed it with my family. It came out very tasty and flavorful.
Don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious healthy recipe is easy to make and i walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it!
- “denny” : I enjoyed this recipe as did the rest of the family. I used long grain white rice. Not instant. Boneless chicken thighs instead of chicken breast.
- “kendra” : My mom made this recipe all the time when I was growing up and I have always loved it. She made it with a few changes though which is how I prepare it as well. Instead of two cups of water I use one cup of water and one cup of milk. I layer the rice on the bottom, then the chicken and then I melt the half stick of butter and mix it in with the rest of the ingredients and pour all of that on top. Then I sprinkle a thick layer of parmesan cheese on top. This is my go-to recipe when I bring someone a meal and people always say they love it.
- “rebecca” : It was a hit with my family. I used instant brown rice instead of white. To save time I and add flavor I sauteed some onions, carrots and the chicken cubes before mixing them with the soup, rice & water. I covered it and it was done in 25 minutes. Sprinkled parmesean on the top instead of butter and put it in uncovered for 5 minutes.
- “luda” : Added 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning, 1/4 tsp of garlic powder, bag of frozen chopped broccoli, and a cup or so of shredded sharp cheddar half in mix half on top. Baked covered covered 40 mins and uncovered 30 and it was done. Also added chicken bullion cube to water and dissolved before adding to mix. Delicious.
- “rania” : I loved this recipe. I was surprised by how yummy it was. I followed the recipe but customized it a little by adding 1/4 tsp each of basil, rosemary, and thyme and 1 tsp of garlic powder and 3 tsp chicken bouillon, since I had no broth. I also cut the butter in half because I was concerned it would be much too much. Like some of the other reviewers, I sprinkled about 1 cup of cheddar on top. The cheese and butter created the most delicious crust! I was impressed. 🙂 Thanks for the recipe! I will definitely be making this again.
- “alicia” : Amazing! My kids even loved it. This will be a much used recipe in our household.
So HOW TO MAKE THIS TASTY RECIPE? don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious homemade recipe is easy to make and walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it on the next page!
Please head on over to > NEXT PAGE button:
To get More helpful tips as well as many other delicious Healthy Recipes follow us on PINTEREST :