Welcome again to the home of Easy Healthy Recipes on Budget & Easy Healthy dessert on Budget, Today i will guide you how to make “Old-Fashioned Potato Candy”. I made this Delicious recipe a few days ago, and I absolutely loved it and enjoyed it with my family. It came out very tasty and flavorful.
Don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious healthy recipe is easy to make and i walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it!
- “kathie” : My Mom used to make this when I was growing up. She recently put together a book of her favorite recipes and Potato Candy was in it. I never knew it was a depression era thing. In our house, it was just a normal thing.
- “debbie” : This was a tradition in my husbands family and he taught me to make it when we were dating. His gauge for the amount of powdered sugar needed was when you could stand a fork in the dough without it falling over. My sons have never had a Christmas without potato candy and when continue the tradition even after my husband’s passing..
- “sarah” : Potato candy is a very old recipe . I can remember my grandmother making this over 60 years ago.Very popular in NY
- “donna” : My mother made this every Christmas. I loved it, that’s probably why I have Diabetes know. lol I have made this for my grandchildren and I cook the potato just till fork tender and mash it mixing in the confectionery sugar just enough so I can handle it then roll it out and add the peanut butter. Roll up and place in refrigerator till the next day then slice. And YUM YUM
- “maria” : Made Easter eggs with these ingredients with center colored yellow and dipped in chocolate! Secret is to start with smallest amount of mashed potato until desired consistency and you will discover a small amount of potato goes a really long way!
- “kendra” : My mother made candy like this using butter instead of potatoes. It never lasted very long.
So HOW TO MAKE THIS TASTY RECIPE? don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious homemade recipe is easy to make and walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it on the next page!
Please head on over to > NEXT PAGE button:
To get More helpful tips as well as many other delicious Healthy Recipes follow us on PINTEREST :