- 1 & 1/4 cup almond flour Honeyville
- 5 tbsp cocoa powder
- 5 tbsp Swerve Sweetener
- 3 & 1/2 tbsp butter melted
- 2 & 1/2 cups cream divided
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves chopped
- 3 tbsp vodka or water
- 2 tsp grassfed gelatin or one envelope Knox unflavoured gelatin
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup powdered Swerve Sweetener
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 drop green gel food colouring optional
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, cocoa powder, and sweetener. Add melted butter and stir until well combined.
- Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch glass or ceramic pie pan.
- Refrigerate until filling is ready.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, bring 1 & 1/2 cups cream and mint leaves to a simmer. Remove from heat, cover with a lid and let steep 30 minutes.
- Strain mixture through a fine mesh sieve into a bowl or glass measuring cup, to remove mint leaves. Set aside.
- In the saucepan, whisk together vodka or water and gelatin. Let stand one minute to gel, then add strained cream mixture and mint extract. Return to medium heat and whisk until gelatin is dissolved and mixture is hot to the touch.
- In a medium bowl, whisk egg yolks with powdered sweetener. Slowly whisk in about 1 cup of the hot cream mixture to temper yolks, then slowly whisk egg yolks back into hot cream. Whisk until mixture thickens slightly and reaches about 160F on an instant read thermometer.
- Remove from heat, and whisk in green food colouring, if using. Refrigerate until cool and thickened to a pudding-like consistency, about half an hour, whisking every few minutes to avoid clumps.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl beat remaining cream to stiff peaks. When mint mixture is cool, gently fold into whipped cream to combine.
- Spread in prepared crust and refrigerate until set, about 3 hours. Garnish with more whipped cream and chocolate shavings, as desired.
To get More helpful tips as well as many other delicious Healthy Recipes follow us on PINTEREST :