Welcome again to the home of Easy Healthy Recipes on Budget & Easy Healthy dessert on Budget, Today i will guide you how to make “MEXICAN STREET CORN”. I made this Delicious recipe a few days ago, and I absolutely loved it and enjoyed it with my family. It came out very tasty and flavorful.
Don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious healthy recipe is easy to make and i walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it!
- “crystal” : I have been making corn this way for years. For 6 servings, use 4 tbs mayonnaise, 2 tsp fresh lime juice, 1 tsp cumin and mix together. Roll the grilled corn in butter, then the mayonnaise mixture, sprinkle with Cotija cheese (do not use Parmesan as it is not the same nor authentic to the corn the street vendors serve in Mexico), sprinkle with McCormick’s Mexican hot chili powder. Serve immediately ~ your taste buds will thank you!
- “sarah” : I love this recipe because I modified the following based on another recipe online: – Mixed in one bowl, 3 tbsp of mayonnaise and 2 tsp of lime juice to it. – Mixed in another bowl, 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese, 1/2 tsp chili powder, 1/4 tsp ground red pepper, 1/4 tsp ground cumin and 1/8 tsp salt After grilling the 4 corns (shucked) until tender 10-15 minutes, I glazed the corn with the mayonnaise mixture, then sprinked the spices onto them. I recommend serving this meal with Black Bean Burritos.
- “liza” : This recipe is only the starting point: I strongly suggest that you follow the recipe that SKHOUSTO shared in her review…it is definitely 5 star! It bears repeating: 3 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice 2 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan cheese 1/2 teaspoon chili powder 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin 1/8 teaspoon salt 4 ears shucked corn Cooking spray Prepare grill. Combine mayonnaise and juice in a small bowl. Combine cheese and next 4 ingredients (through salt) in another small bowl. Place corn on a grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill corn 12 minutes or until tender, turning frequently. Remove corn from grill; brush with mayonnaise mixture, and sprinkle with cheese mixture. Serve immediately.
- “paul” : In addition to the lime, and if you like hot food, most vendors add chile guajillo and a little salt. It’s a chile power – Cayenne is an OK sub. This stuff is really excellent – almost addicting! Great side dish if you just use corn off the cob and have no time to grill!
- “mira” : I couldn’t find cotija cheese so I used grated parmesan. It turned out great. I have also used this recipe with corn cut off the cob. It was very creamy and had a great flavor.
- “adree” : Growing up in East Los Angeles, this was one of my favorite after school snacks! The recipe the street vendors used was, they boiled the corn, rubbed mayo on them, sprinkled the cotija over that, squeezed on butter(usually parkay),squeezed on lime juice, and then sprinkled on chili powder (optional),in that order. I hope this helps, absolutely delish!
So HOW TO MAKE THIS TASTY RECIPE? don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious homemade recipe is easy to make and walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it on the next page!
Please head on over to > NEXT PAGE button:
To get More helpful tips as well as many other delicious Healthy Recipes follow us on PINTEREST :