Welcome again to the home of Easy Healthy Recipes on Budget & Easy Healthy dessert on Budget, Today i will guide you how to make “Low Carb Jambalaya”. I made this Delicious recipe a few days ago, and I absolutely loved it and enjoyed it with my family. It came out very tasty and flavorful.
Don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious healthy recipe is easy to make and i walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it!
- “naples” : In consideration of Hubs’ sensitive innards and our heat tolerance level of “coward ” I prepared a much tamed down version of this using just 1-1/2 tsp. of the Cajun seasoning no hot sauce and smoked kielbasa; and both of us were pleased. It’s so easy to add more heat/spice if you want it but impossible to take it out once it’s there; the point being I would recommend seasoning this to taste. I followed the recipe loosely using the traditional “holy trinity” of green pepper onion and celery sweating the vegetables in bacon fat which leant a pleasant smokiness to the dish. I also used fresh rather than cooked shrimp adding them at the end just for a few minutes before finally adding the cooked chicken until heated through. I loved the addition of the zucchini which in the absence of the traditional rice gave this more substance. For those who still want the rice like Hubs it is easy enough to serve it on the side. This was excellent. It makes a ton so we’ll be enjoying a quick and delicious repeat tomorrow! Note: this recipe begs for advance prep work and I’m glad I did. I found it very helpful to have everything chopped and measured (mise en place) ready to go.
- “linda” : I made this for dinner last night with just a couple of changes and it was great! Everyone even my 1 year olds enjoyed it (I used less hot sauce so they could have it and just added more to taste after cooking). I had to substitute smoked sausage for the andouille and I added a bag of frozen okra but everything else stayed the same. I also served it with a side of cauliflower rice. We will definitely have this again!
- “sharon” : This is a great dish even if those nit pickers (including my sister) say it isn’t jambalaya because it has no rice. Who cares? It is really good. I realized at the last minute that I didn’t have any zucchini so I threw in a can of okra and I added an extra can of tomatoes. Left out the hot sauce (DH doesn’t like hot stuff) and let everyone add it to their own bowl. I also took the suggestion of another reader and served it with spaghetti squash. All 5 of the people eating it loved it and there was only a little bit left. My sister begged the rest of it from me the next day for her lunch. This recipe will definitely become a regular here and I think I will try making it in the slow cooker. Thanks Morgan for a great dish.
- “nena” : I have made this on the stovetop and in my slowcooker. Here are a few things I do to get the calorie count even lower. Replace olive oil in butter with Butter Flavor Pam and I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter. Replace andouille sausage with Hardwood Smoked Chicken Kielbasa and also add turkey sausage. I also use a mix of both white and dark meat chicken to add variety. Also since I am not crazy for shell fish I use about half of the shrimp just for the fish flavor it brings in. This is so easy to make leftovers freeze well and it tastes wonderful!
- “jennifer” : This may not be the traditional jambalaya but it is still very good nonetheless. To all the reviewers saying that if it doesn’t have rice it’s not jambalaya there are a few people watching their carbs these days. It’s nice to have options when wanting traditional carb-laden dishes.
- “meghan” : My husband and I have enjoyed this wonderful low-carb jambalaya for several years now so I thought it would be fitting to be my first rating! I have used multicolored peppers when that was what I had and always add a bag of frozen cut okra which jazzes up the flavor and vegetable count. We usually have it over a half-cup of brown rice. Thanks for this excellent healthful delightful and filling recipe!
So HOW TO MAKE THIS TASTY RECIPE? don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious homemade recipe is easy to make and walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it on the next page!
Please head on over to > NEXT PAGE button:
To get More helpful tips as well as many other delicious Healthy Recipes follow us on PINTEREST :