- 1/3 cup almonds or pecans, or 6 tbsp almond flour (nut-free version here)
- 1 tbsp + 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp granulated erythritol or sugar or sweetener of choice
- pinch stevia, or additional 2 tsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp milk of choice (or 2 if using liquid sweetener)
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- optional, chocolate chips or sugar free chocolate chips
*If using almonds, grind them in a blender or food processor to achieve a flour-like consistency. It will be coarser than if you use almond flour (hence the almond pieces you can see in the photos), but both versions work.
Combine all ingredients in a greased ramekin or small mug. Either bake in a preheated 350F oven for about 10 minutes, or cook in the microwave. If microwaving, time will vary depending on wattage and desired gooeyness. I started with 30 seconds, then added two 15-second intervals after that. The cake will look a bit gooey when it comes out, and it firms up as it cools. But there’s no need to wait for it to firm up too much – this cake is meant to be eaten straight from the mug!
To get More helpful tips as well as many other delicious Healthy Recipes follow us on PINTEREST :