Welcome again to the home of Easy Healthy Recipes on Budget & Easy Healthy dessert on Budget, Today i will guide you how to make “Italian Love Cake”. I made this Delicious recipe a few days ago, and I absolutely loved it and enjoyed it with my family. It came out very tasty and flavorful.
Don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious healthy recipe is easy to make and i walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it!
- “pamela” : I’ve been making this cake for years, it’s awesome!! My grandma used to make it when I was a kid. I just made this cake the other day using Lemon cake mix and lemon pudding in the frosting…AWESOME!! If u love lemon oh you gotta try this!
- “vickie” : This is one of the BEST cakes I have ever made. I was a little leary because the reviewers either loved or hated it…no in between. I had to make dessert for the bosses birthday, and tried this. She loved it, and so did the rest of my coworkers. I did make it the day before and frost the day we served it. The frosting in of iteself is delicious and I know I will use this on other desserts. I was afraid that the ricotta mixture wouldn’t sink, but it did. It had beautiful presence and everyone was wowed. Definately one of the moistest cakes to date. Thanks for the post.
- “danielle” : This cake was very different and delicious ! I made it “light” by using fat-free ricotta, which worked out fine, and Lite Cool Whip and skim milk. The ricotta filling sinks to the middle of the cake as it bakes and makes a “layered” look like a devil dog. I baked the cake (in metal pan) at 350 for just under an hour and it came out perfect. I cooled it for 15 minutes, removed it from pan to a serving platter, covered it w/ Saran Wrap and refrigerated it over night to set before frosting it. (The bottom looked alittle “wet” from the filling sinking through the cake when I removed it from the pan, but, after refrigerating it it seemed to evaporate and just make the cake moister…..not soggy at all, which is what I worried about !!) The frosting is light and delicious like chocolate mousse. I decorated the cake after frosting it with chocolate chips, but I think shaved chocolate & white chocolate from a candy bar would look even better. I will mkae this again. It’s easy and very quick and perfect for a special occasion without spending all day baking and preparing.
- “rene” : I made this recipe several times and found that the quality of the cake mix makes all the difference – some of them are just better-tasting than others (I personally liked Betty Crocker German Chocolate). At first I was concerned that the cake will not bake through, but during the baking ricotta layer sinks into the cake-mix layer and in fact the cake comes out with the chocolate layer on top. Once I made a half of the recipe in 8×8 form with about 3/4 of the ricotta and it also was good, just a bit dryer (which some might even prefer). Most of all I like the frosting idea and have even used it on other cakes and desserts. Thanks
- “jenna” : I had it once years ago at Mike’s Pastry in the North End of Boston and was never able to find it again, at Mike’s or anywhere else!! I’m so grateful I found this recipe!!Made with Devils Food cake mix and pudding, half and half instead of milk and whole milk ricotta. Loved it! Definitely got better after a couple days. I might try the lemon idea next. And for those who don’t know (I didn’t!), 2 pints is one of the BIG containers.
- “kim” : Very good, the ricotta layer sinks and divides the chocolate cake into two layers. Its makes a great looking presentation. Next time I’ll use real cream in the icing.
So HOW TO MAKE THIS TASTY RECIPE? don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious homemade recipe is easy to make and walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it on the next page!
Please head on over to > NEXT PAGE button:
To get More helpful tips as well as many other delicious Healthy Recipes follow us on PINTEREST :