Mom used to grow her own rhubarb in her backyard, and when her rhubarb was ripe, what great pies she made! I will enclose her recipe.
- 4 cups chopped rhubarb
- 1 ⅓ cups white sugar
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- Step 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Step 2Combine sugar and flour. Sprinkle 1/4 of it over pastry in pie plate. Heap rhubarb over this mixture. Sprinkle with remaining sugar and flour. Dot with small pieces of butter. Cover with top crust.
- Step 3Place pie on lowest rack in oven. Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and continue baking for 40 to 45 minutes. Serve warm or cold.
Per Serving: 290 calories; protein 2.6g; carbohydrates 50.8g; fat 9.1g; cholesterol 3.8mg; sodium 129.7mg.