Welcome again to the home of Easy Healthy Recipes on Budget & Easy Healthy dessert on Budget, Today i will guide you how to make “Healthier Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup”. I made this Delicious recipe a few days ago, and I absolutely loved it and enjoyed it with my family. It came out very tasty and flavorful.
Don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious healthy recipe is easy to make and i walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it!
- “tawnie” : Made this last night stove top instead of slow cooker. It was AWESOME! I did make some changes tho. Used left-over cooked chicken that I shredded used a can of diced tomato with green chili’s instead of whole tomatoes used all chicken broth instead of broth and water and used a Serrano pepper sliced thin with ribs and seeds instead of banana peppers. Spicy! I used Ancho chili powder instead of generic chili powder. I also upped the measurements of the chili powder and cumin to 1 tablespoon each and added a tablespoon of ground corriander because I didn’t have fresh cilantro. I also just bought the tortilla strips that are sold in the salad dressing isle instead of buying a whole pack of corn tortillas that I would only use 7 of. Got the chili/lime flavored ones and they were great! Also when I served the soup I served it with lime wedges to squeeze over the soup. Very nice touch. My husband loved it and I see this becoming a regular soup in our house!
- “jennifer” : My family & friends love this soup & request it often….and it’s so easy! I use a 4 oz can of green chiles instead of bell peppers & when it’s all done and in individual bowls I top it with shredded cheese sour cream & sliced avacado! So yummy!
- “sunny” : I loved the soup with the few twists: Used crushed tomatos as a substitute added roasted green chiles (about 3/4 cup) a lot more spice–Mrs Dash’s Southwest Chipotle chili powder a lot more garlic omited salt Chipotle seasoning plain crushed red pepper (a lot)–basically had fun with the spices. I only used broth and added what I wanted to get the right consistency for us. Great recipe!!! Thank you!!!
- “patricia” : What a hit! I’ve made this soup twice in the last week. My family can’t get enough of it and asks me to make more. I added a can of rinsed black beans and a can of hominy and cut back on the amount of banana pepper because we aren’t big fans of overly spicy food. I highly recommend this soup.
- “deborah” : I tried the recipe exactly as it said with two exceptions. Instead of using water I used all low-sodium chicken broth and instead of banana peppers I used chopped chiles from a can. Im glad I did these 2 substitutions because the flavor was still pretty mild. My husband loved it (better than the thick stew style I’ve tried in the past with beans). I want to see it be a bit spicier and will be using hot enchilada sauce hotter jalapeño chiles and potentially sautéing my onions prior to throwing in the crockpot. Overall wonderfully refreshing and easy dish and I cant wait to try again with some spicier tweaks.
- “vanesa” : This has a decent calorie count for those who are watching and excellent flavor. It has just the right amount of heat to add interest but not pain! I let it go on high in the slow cooker for 3 hours and the chicken was done and the veggies were still crunchy just the way I like them! It has a light fresh taste and it is a recipe worth repeating.
So HOW TO MAKE THIS TASTY RECIPE? don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious homemade recipe is easy to make and walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it on the next page!
Please head on over to > NEXT PAGE button:
To get More helpful tips as well as many other delicious Healthy Recipes follow us on PINTEREST :