Welcome again to the home of Easy Healthy Recipes on Budget & Easy Healthy dessert on Budget, Today i will guide you how to make “Hash Brown Casserole II”. I made this Delicious recipe a few days ago, and I absolutely loved it and enjoyed it with my family. It came out very tasty and flavorful.
Don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious healthy recipe is easy to make and i walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it!
- “nadia” : Made both as written and with a small change. I like the cream of mushroom soup better than the chicken. I also omit the topping, just because I never seem to have crushed cornflakes, and it is perfectly fine w/o. Here’s a tip on how to get it to mix better. Make sure hash browns are thawed as per recipe instructions. Pour melted butter/margarine over the potatoes and mix. Then add the cheese and mix. Lastly add the rest of the ingredients. It seems to mix faster and better for me this way. It does need the full hour to cook or your onions will be crunchy. I usually divide this in half between 2 smaller casseroles, eat one for dinner and freeze the other. Thanks for the great recipe! Update: 15/02/07 – Tried the suggestion of putting french fried onions on top instead of the cornflakes – absolutely awesome! Don’t put in at the start though…put in last 10-15 min and cook uncovered (watch as they burn easily), I sprinkled some extra cheese on top with the onions and it was really good!
- “deborah” :Very good with a few changes. You can use 1/4 cup of butter instead of the 1/2 cup. I baked it a full hour, I covered it for 45 minutes and uncovered for 15 so that the top gets crunchy. I put the corn flakes on top and drizzled the melted butter over them, saved washing another pan. Turned out great.Previous Next
- “melinda” : What I love about this recipe is its versatility. I browned a pound of sausage with the onion and added it to the mixture. Also since I only had half a cup of cheddar cheese, I shredded an additional cup & a half of processed cheese. I used mushroom soup instead of chicken, and I didn’t have cornflakes, so nothing but a sprinkle of parmesan cheese went on the top. I also left off the additional 1/4 cup melted butter, and since the processed cheese is so salty, I only used 1/4 teaspoon salt. It was a delicious main dish and would make an excellent breakfast casserole. Our family of 3 had generous portions and only ate half the casserole. My husband, who never likes leftovers and is not crazy about anything in a casserole, loves the leftovers.
- “kendra” : The only thing that I do different is to used crushed French’s onions to the topping. It adds just the right flavor. Edit. I started adding a small can of jalapenos to it. Adds a great kick and more grown up flavor.
- “mia” : My family loves this recipe…I have to make it for every holiday. I however do not saute my Corn Flakes. I have noticed that it really needs no butter what so ever. Due to cheese cooking out a great deal of oil. I now use Cambell soups new mushroom/cream of chicken soup….gives it a little twist. If you like potatoes and cheese your gonna love this!!
- “suzanne” : This is a household favorite. I prefer to use the chunkier country style hashbrowns (chunks a little bigger than a pea) because they don’t get as slimy as the shredded type. I like to thaw these chunkier potatoes in the oven until they are just warm, they cook perfectly even & hold the shape & texture better.
So HOW TO MAKE THIS TASTY RECIPE? don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious homemade recipe is easy to make and walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it on the next page!
Please head on over to > NEXT PAGE button:
To get More helpful tips as well as many other delicious Healthy Recipes follow us on PINTEREST :