Welcome again to the home of Easy Healthy Recipes on Budget & Easy Healthy dessert on Budget, Today i will guide you how to make “Hash Brown and Egg Casserole”. I made this Delicious recipe a few days ago, and I absolutely loved it and enjoyed it with my family. It came out very tasty and flavorful.
Don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious healthy recipe is easy to make and i walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it!
- “cyndi” : What a wonderful dish!! I made this for dinner instead of breakfast, it turned out delicious, but I did make a few changes. First, I used a 9×13 glass dish, and used 1 1/2 lbs. hash browns that had diced pepper & onion in them, which added wonderful flavor, I highly recommend doing this. Second, I used 10 eggs instead of 5, which was perfect and doubled the milk. This was perfectly baked at one hour also. I used 8 ounces of Morningstar Farms vegetarian breakfast sausage sliced, and meat eaters could barely tell the difference! I will use this recipe often, and definitely make it again using regular sausage. Another tip, the last 3-4 minutes of baking, remove the foil and turn the broiler on, this really made the cheese nice. Thank you for sharing this recipe, I love it!
- “lisa” : My whole family really loved this dish. I made it on the spur of the moment, and changed a few things to use what I had on hand. First, after reading the reviews here I decided to use a 9X13 inch baking dish. It turned out to be the perfect size. Since I only had 4 eggs, I just used those. I added about 4 ounces of ricotta cheese to the eggs as well, and used a bit less milk than the recipe called for. Also, I didn’t have any sausage but did have a lot of leftover ham as well as a few slices of cooked bacon. I sauteed the onions first, added some minced garlic, and finally tossed in the chopped ham and crumbled bacon to heat it through. I then assembled the casserole as directed. I only baked it for about 50 minutes total, and it was perfect. A dollop of sour cream on top of each serving, and we loved it! The leftovers heated up nicely for lunch the next day.
- “teelaz” : I had this for breakfast today and it was great! I put it together the night before and just had to bake it this morning. I used shedded hash browns and cooked them before I put them in the dish. I also used fresh mushrooms and green pepper with onion that I sauted. My husband and son loved it. Thanks for the great recipe, I will make this again.
- “alex” : I toss the frozen hashbrowns with 3 tablespoons melted butter and bake in a 400 degree oven for 30 minutes before adding the rest of the ingredients. This eliminates the bland potato taste and improves the texture. I don’t add the onion or garlic powder at all because it makes it a little to savory for 8 am. I even make the night before and bake the following morning with excellent results. Delicious!!!
- “dina” : MAKE THIS!! I made it today for brunch for 7, using 6 eggs. I used cooked, crumbled bacon instead of sausage, and added sauteed onion, garlic and red & orange bell pepper. I made a crust with the potatoes in a greased 9 x 13″ pan, drizzled them lightly with oil, and baked at 400 for 15 minutes before adding the egg mixture and finishing as directed. Served with fresh fruit salad and fresh blueberry muffins. Everyone loved it! No leftovers!
- “nancy” : I make this recipe exactly as written and it comes out perfect every time and it’s delicious! Sometimes I forget to even thaw the potatoes, I just let them thaw in the pan as the oven preheats. I think the problem many are having is that they are using the diced potatoes. Maybe it’s a regional thing, but around here hash brown potatoes are shredded, diced potatoes will definitely be too dry and 2 pounds way too much for this! 2 pounds of shredded potatoes though compacts nicely on the bottom of the pan. I bet making this into a couple of quiches would be delicious too!
So HOW TO MAKE THIS TASTY RECIPE? don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious homemade recipe is easy to make and walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it on the next page!
Please head on over to > NEXT PAGE button:
To get More helpful tips as well as many other delicious Healthy Recipes follow us on PINTEREST :