Welcome again to the home of Easy Healthy Recipes on Budget & Easy Healthy dessert on Budget, Today i will guide you how to make “Grandma’s Old-Fashioned Strawberry Shortcake”. I made this Delicious recipe a few days ago, and I absolutely loved it and enjoyed it with my family. It came out very tasty and flavorful.
Don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious healthy recipe is easy to make and i walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it!
- “amanda” : EXCELLENT!! I needed to make this dairy free, so I used almond milk instead, and I prefer palm oil shortening instead of veg. shortening. I also wanted to serve this as a trifle, so I baked it in a 9×13 pan, cut cake into cubes and layered in the trifle dish with strawberries. I served the whipped cream on the side. I also really liked it topped with sour cream mixed with maple syrup, instead of whipped cream. Mmmmm. I just printed and added this to “my family’s favorite recipe binder.” Thanks for this recipe!
- “rebecca” : Perfect shortcake base. I used butter in place of shortening and did not use the melted butter. It was a great compromise between the two standard types – biscuit vs. spongecake. This was great. Quick, easy, good texture and not too sweet. I served it with fresh berries and homemade sweetened whipped cream. Kids and adults loved it. I will make it again.
- “hellen” :I followed the recipe exactly as written (though I did have to bake an extra 10-15 minutes as well before it was set in the middle) and this was a FANTASTIC shortcake recipe! We had guests over, and all 5 of us LOVED this recipe. Delicious (especially with some fresh made whipped cream – YUMM!)
- “mindy” : I’m 71 and this is just like my mom and dad made. So easy to make. It does take a few minutes longer to bake, but sure not complaining. Made it twice in two nights. Going to show my young granddaughter, who loves to bake, how to make it. Thanks for sharing.
- “sarah” : This shortcake was fabulous – like a slightly moist/spongy biscuit – just perfect. Was hesitant to try it because it seemed way too simple, but I will probably never use another recipe for shortcake. Made it exatly as written, as other reviewers mentioned did have to bake about 10 minutes longer. I cut the cake into 8 pie shaped wedges which I cut in half horizontally. Mashed some berries with a little truvia to make a “sauce” and then sliced the remaining berries with no sugar. I didn’t use whipped cream and instead put a small dollop of plain greek yogurt on the top. Divine!
- “angela” : This was delicious and very easy to make. People were licking their plates. Thanks for posting this recipe.
So HOW TO MAKE THIS TASTY RECIPE? don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious homemade recipe is easy to make and walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it on the next page!
Please head on over to > NEXT PAGE button:
To get More helpful tips as well as many other delicious Healthy Recipes follow us on PINTEREST :