Welcome again to the home of Easy Healthy Recipes on Budget & Easy Healthy dessert on Budget, Today i will guide you how to make “GERMAN POTATO PANCAKES”. I made this Delicious recipe a few days ago, and I absolutely loved it and enjoyed it with my family. It came out very tasty and flavorful.
Don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious healthy recipe is easy to make and i walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it!
- “margie” : This is the true Potato Pancake (not Latke). We usually serve them on a Friday night (especially during Lent) with potato soup, bread and butter, the pancake topped with the traditional granulated sugar with applesauce on the side. We are a German/Polish family. Leftovers were taken in sandwiches with butter, salt and pepper for lunch. Don’t fret about the discoloration…it is a part of the pancake and never noticed after fried up. When 5 pounds of potatoes are grated by hand for a large family, the discoloration is not a problem.Don’t spend a lot of time and trouble drying out the potatoes, just drain in a colander and the flour takes care of the rest. If a little drains from the pancake in the fry pan, it will just add a nice crispiness to the edge. ENJOY. Our family has for over 100 years.
- “sue” : These were great!!! I solved the oxidation problem by shredding the potatoes one at a time in my food processor and emptying it into a bowl of cold water after each potato. I had read that when making homemade french fries to put them in cold, even ice water and then dry them before frying. I then took a handful at a time and squeezed them in the collander and added them to the egg mixture. This worked great. There was no change in color, or if there was it was limited. Once dinner was over I quickly put the leftovers in plastic baggies and put them in the freezer, hopefully this will keep them from oxidizing. Thanks so much for this great recipe!!!
- “dalida” : This is an awesome recipe! My Father-in-Law is from Austria, so my husband grew up eating potato pancakes every Christmas morning. This recipe is easy and sooooo good, impresses my husband every time! I do have a little trick that cuts down on the moisture from the potatoes – if you peel and boil the whole potatoes the night before (boil for only a few minutes). Then, cover and refrigerate the potatoes until morning. This will make shredding so much easier on the arms if you are doing it manually and it also cuts down on the moisture!
- “reba” : Made as is. No problem with oxidation because we soaked them in water and then pressed the water out. Delicious, thanks!
- “digna” : My mother had made potato pancakes like these when I was little. I made them for my fiance and he said they were the best he had ever tasted; better than any restaurant and even better than his grandmothers! Wow, what a compliment. The only alteration I made was I doubled the flour and the salt. Excellent recipe!
- “silvia” : I squeezed out extra water from shredded potatoes by using a cheesecloth. Also doubled flour and salt plus added 1/4 C finely chopped fresh parsley. Be sure not to let the potato mixture sit too long or more water will be drawn out from the potatoes.
So HOW TO MAKE THIS TASTY RECIPE? don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious homemade recipe is easy to make and walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it on the next page!
Please head on over to > NEXT PAGE button:
To get More helpful tips as well as many other delicious Healthy Recipes follow us on PINTEREST :