Looking for the best vegan recipes? This blog will help you cut out meat, dairy, and other animal products—and all recipes here prove that vegan food is anything but bland. After all, so many of the flavors we spice our meats with are plant-based: onions, garlic, spices, herbs…and so on. So today im happy to walk you through and yummy and tasty vegan recipes named “Crispy Fried Artichokes Served with a Creamy Chipotle Dip”:
- 2 cups marinated artichokes, drained
- Batter (mix thoroughly with fork in bowl)
- 1/2 cup flour plus water to create thick batter
- 1 tsp each dried basil and oregano
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Seasoned vegan panko breadcrumbs (1 to 1 1/4 cups)
- Chipotle Dip (whisk to combine):
- 2 tbsp each vegan mayo and vegan sour cream
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp garlic powder to taste
- 1 chipotle pepper (drained) minced
- 1/2 tsp sriracha
- 1 tsp agave
- Dash of salt and pepper
Gently lay drained artichokes on towel and gently pat to remove excess liquid.
On a large plate or bowl, pour the panko for later dipping.
Using fork or hands, dip an artichoke into batter to coat completely, then press gently into panko.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium sauce pan (about 1/2 cm depth of oil).
You’ll fry around 3 or 4 at a time.
Once oil is hot (test by dropping some panko in and it will fry), drop artichokes into oil super carefully away from you to prevent splashing.
When lightly browned (about 10 to 20 seconds), flip over to brown other side.
Place on a paper towel or kitchen towel to cool while you fry the rest.