Welcome again to the home of Easy Healthy Recipes on Budget & Easy Healthy dessert on Budget, Today i will guide you how to make “Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup”. I made this Delicious recipe a few days ago, and I absolutely loved it and enjoyed it with my family. It came out very tasty and flavorful.
Don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious healthy recipe is easy to make and i walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it!
- “elodie” : I’ve made this for years, and it’s always excellent. I do now make some modifications to make it more healthy. First, I sautee about 1/2 c. onion with a couple of garlic cloves in a bit of olive oil, and add a 1/2 c. each carrot and celery and sautee it for a couple of minutes until softened before adding the broth, water and chicken. I also use 2 c. skim milk, and cut the butter to 6 tablespoons, and the flour to 1/2 c. It’s still thick, creamy and delicious but cuts out a considerable amount of fat and calories, and adding vegetables gives it extra flavor and body. Perfect.
- “samantha” : I’d describe this soup as “comforting”. The flavors and thickness turn a gray day into a great day. I read others’ advice and recommend these changes: start by sautéing ½ cup each of diced onion, celery, and carrots plus 1-2 minced garlic cloves using 1 tablespoon of the ½ cup of butter. Then add the broth (5 cups), water (3 cups), and chicken. For the roux, cut the flour to ½ cup and use 1½ cup milk instead of heavy cream. Once it’s smooth (not thick), add it to the broth/chicken/rice and add ¼ cup white wine if desired. A friend of mine, who is a restaurant connoisseur, declared the soup to be restaurant quality! What a compliment!
- “dayna” : Great recipe! My whole family could not get enough. I did have a few minor changes. I added 1/2 cup carrots, 1/2 cup celery and 1/2 onion. I sauteed the vegetables in a little bit of olive oil and garlic. Like other reviewers, I also cut the cream in half and used milk as a replacement(I would recommend 1 or 2% and not skim). I would also recommend Uncle Bens wild rice. Great flavor! Will make again!
- “jenna” : WOW!!!! This is my new favorite allrecipes recipe and my new favorite soup. I ate the entire pot (save the one bowl my bf got) over the weekend. So, I made another pot today. I think it would’ve been fabulous with no changes made but naturally I couldn’t help myself. Changes I made…used 3 cups homemade stock and 3 cups water/ chicken base (Minor’s brand). Because I used chicken base I omitted the salt. I chopped a small onion and clove of garlic and cooked for a minute in butter/seasoning mixture before adding flour. I reduced flour to 1/2 cup. Used half and half instead of cream. For the chicken I used 1 giant chicken breast that I grilled on my foreman and used the allrecipes Cajun Chicken marinade. So the chicken was pretty heavily seasoned. The folks who said this is restaurant quality are totally spot on. Tonight I’m making bread bowls and serving it in that.
- “kaye” : Wonderful soup! This one really sticks to your ribs and it’s so flavorful. Talk about comfort food at it’s finest, this will cure what ails you on a cold, snowy night. I use Uncle Ben’s quick cooking Long Grain and Wild rice, how easy can it get? I use a 16 oz. carton of half and half instead of heavy cream. I add chopped celery and carrots and cook them with the chicken. This is so thick and rich, absolutely delicious.
- “helen” : I looked for this recipe because I absolutely love the kind that Panera Bread Company makes. It was delicious. Don’t scale down the recipe, because you will want leftovers!!!
So HOW TO MAKE THIS TASTY RECIPE? don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious homemade recipe is easy to make and walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it on the next page!
Please head on over to > NEXT PAGE button:
To get More helpful tips as well as many other delicious Healthy Recipes follow us on PINTEREST :