Welcome again to the home of Easy Healthy Recipes on Budget & Easy Healthy dessert on Budget, Today i will guide you how to make “Cream Cheese Pound Cake”. I made this Delicious recipe a few days ago, and I absolutely loved it and enjoyed it with my family. It came out very tasty and flavorful.
Don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious healthy recipe is easy to make and i walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it!
- “barbara” : I have been making this pound cake for years, with only small changes. Increase the vanilla to 1 1/2 tsp or 2tsp, (your preference) I use 2. Start with ROOM TEMPERATURE butter,(REAL butter) cream cheese and eggs which makes for easier mixing and a more creamy outcome, and using cake flour (cup for cup) gives it a more velvet type texture. I also add the eggs one at a time and make sure each one is completely mixed in before adding the next. And the baking time really depends on how true your oven temp is. Sometimes it may take two hours for this cake to bake if your oven is lower than 325, but baking at a higher temp will cook the outside, but not the in. Tricky? Yes. Worth the effort? Oh yes! Be patient with the mixing, and you will have the best pound cake you will ever eat. It stands alone, or you can top it with whatever you want. Simply the best for a good old fashion comfort dessert.
- “melanie” : Wonderful! I made this cake (with just 2 adjustments) for my boss’ birthday yesterday, and absolutely everyone devoured it and asked for the recipe. In fact, one woman almost cried when she took her first bite- she said it tasted just like her mother’s pound cake from decades ago! The only changes I made were to decrease the sugar to 2 1/2 cups, and add some almond extract along with the vanilla. Also, just a note, but swan’s down cake flour is the only flour that I will use for pound cakes. It gives the cake a very fine crumb without the need to sift. One more comment: to those people who have uncooked dough in their finished cakes, make sure that your butter and cream cheese are both at true room temperature. Otherwise, the cream cheese doesn’t get mixed in and never bakes up, no matter how long you leave it in the oven. If your crust burned before the cake was completely cooked, either the oven was too hot, or your oven doesn’t circulate the hot air (convection oven). Use a thermometer to tell what the exact temperature of your oven is, and rotate the cake every 20-25 minutes if it’s an older oven.
- “josie” : I don’t give very many 5 star rating unless the recipe is truly “the best”. This pound cake deserved all 5 stars!! This could probably be the best pound cake I have ever made…but I did tweak it a bit. I used 1-1/4 cups of butter and 1/4 cup of buttermilk. Buttermilk is a secret ingredient of mine that I like to use in place of regular milk called for in a recipe. It makes your cakes, muffins and breads very moist. This recipe didn’t call for any liquid, but I did add a little for that “moistness”. I also added a tsp of lemon extract to the batter along with the vanilla. The lemon flavor was very light, but gave it a little something special. Perfect recipe!! Many thanks
- “elizabeth” : This cake was absolutely phenomenal. I used two loaf pans. I mixed the sugar into creamed butter and cream cheese in a thin stream, then added one egg at a time (Make sure that the egg is at room temp). To freshen things up a little bit, I filled the loaf pan about a third way up, and sprinkled some raspberries. Then I topped more batter to completely cover the raspberries. The raspberries were a delightful surprise! Refer to my photo to see how it looks like. Not only does it add a refreshing touch, but also looks beautiful when sliced. Absolutely gorgeous cake!
- “jennifer” : Delicious! I made the recipe as directed the first time, and it was great. The second time, however, I decided to tweak it a little. I prepared the batter as directed, then I added 1/4 cup of buttermilk and 2 tsp of pure lemon extract, because I love lemon pound cake. I also made a yummy glaze out of 2/3 cup of melted margarine, 3 cups of confectioner’s sugar, and 1.5tsp of lemon extract. This is a slightly crispy glaze when it sets, and the margarine has just the right amount of salt to offset the sweetness of the cake.
- “teressa” : I’ve made this cake twice.. and both times it turned out great… the first time I substituted 1/2 stick of butter for 1/4 cup of buttermilk like another poster suggested.. that made it very moist but it was still very dense.. the second time I subsituted the buttermilk again and also I left out another 1/2 stick of butter and added 1/2 cup of sour cream… this was the perfect combination.. it made the cake light and fluffy with lots of taste.. neither cake lasted 24 hours in my house… so to make it simple.. I used 2 sticks of butter, 1/4 cup of buttermilk, and 1/2 cup of sour cream.. and I creamed it all in together with the cream cheese.
So HOW TO MAKE THIS TASTY RECIPE? don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious homemade recipe is easy to make and walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it on the next page!
Please head on over to > NEXT PAGE button:
To get More helpful tips as well as many other delicious Healthy Recipes follow us on PINTEREST :