Welcome again to the home of Easy Healthy Recipes on Budget & Easy Healthy dessert on Budget, Today i will guide you how to make “Chocolate & Mint Cheesecake Bars”. I made this Delicious recipe a few days ago, and I absolutely loved it and enjoyed it with my family. It came out very tasty and flavorful.
Don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious healthy recipe is easy to make and i walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it!
- “melissa” : These are sinful and rich little guys! The recipe is very simple to follow with it’s detailed instructions. Please feel free to look at my blog here on AR to see step by step how to assemble. It’s one of my family’s favorite holiday dessert recipes. And now my family looks forward to it every year. This keeps well in the frig for a week and can be frozen for a later time. I hope you like it as much as we do. Please NOTE: the cheesecake part of the recipe doesn’t rise but about 1/4 – 1/2 an inch, but won’t fall flat. It stays the same thickness as when you poured it in. It’s thick and creamy but will stay firm after refrigerated. Don’t flip out if you think it’s suppose to rise, because it won’t.
- “jennifer” : As a cheesecake novice, I learned a few things by making this recipe. #1. Mine also puffed during baking & fell in the refrigerator. I read that this is due to overbeating of the eggs causing a “souffle effect.” It didn’t affect the texture of the finished product, other than the 4 edges remained raised. Next time I will add the eggs as the last ingredient of the batter so as not to overbeat them. #2. There is an art to cutting cheesecake so that the filling doesn’t cling to the knife. Use a very thin, sharp blade (steak knife) and dip it into the hot water often to prevent dragging the filling and making messy edges. #3. My grocery store did not have candy flavoring, so I bought peppermint extract. I used 1 tsp. in the batter. They also did not have mint chocolate chips or even mint chocolate candies (Andes)! So I bought dark chocolate chips & white chocolate chips. I colored the white chips with a drop of green coloring in a plastic bag. They somewhat absorbed the color. Pale green mint chips would’ve been prettier, but this worked fine. Also because of the lack of mint in the topping, I think the batter could’ve used more than 1 tsp. of peppermint extract to stand up to the strong cheesecake flavor, maybe 1 1/2 tsp. #4. I cut the squares & arranged them on a plate, & then drizzled melted dark chips from the corner of a bag onto each square individually. This prevented smearing the chocolate onto the pale green filling during cutting. LOVE IT! THANKS!!!
- “pamela” : i had so much fun making this!! mine did fall but its probably because i put it in the fridge right after i took it out of the oven instead of letting it cool first. but that was my fault. other then that it came out great & i can see myself making this again. next time i will wait for it to cool before i put it in the fridge. also i put some wax paper down to make it easy for me to get the bars out of the glass pan. they came out so easy!!!
“jasmine” : These are sinfully good! Thank you so much for sharing. I goofed the first time I made these and forgot to reserve some of the crust for the topping. I had some leftover thin mint girl scout cookies so I crushed a bunch of those for the topping and mixed with the amount of butter called for in the recipe and yum!!! I also used crushed Andes mints to garnish and melted milk chocolate chips to drizzle over the top. My fiance and I ate them after the 2 hour refiregeration like the recipe called for, and they didnt taste that great. I would suggest letting them completely chill over night before eating because it made a huge difference in the taste and then we couldn’t stop eating them!!
- “christine” : Made this today and it was delicious, the only thing I changed was I didn’t have the frosting and don’t really care for store bought frosting anyway so I subbed it for a home made cream cheese frosting. 4 oz. butter 4 oz cream cheese 2 cups confection sugar 1 tsp. vanilla
- “renee” : My daughter who loves all things mint-y absolutely loved these. I did change the recipe a bit. Apparently after Christmas my small town doesn’t carry the dark chocolate and mint chips! So I had to use Andes pieces or something like that. Also instead of the pre-made cream cheese frosting I made my own using Cream Cheese Frosting II from AR. Then just measured out 16 oz. It worked fabulously. Lots of steps in the recipe but it goes quickly. Mine didn’t crack or fall at all, I did have my cream cheese at room temp so maybe that helped. They actually came out very nice. But when I was putting them in the fridge I dropped them right onto the floor!!! Lucky for me I had them covered so at least they could still be eaten they were just really ugly after that 🙁 But tasty 🙂
So HOW TO MAKE THIS TASTY RECIPE? don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious homemade recipe is easy to make and walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it on the next page!
Please head on over to > NEXT PAGE button:
To get More helpful tips as well as many other delicious Healthy Recipes follow us on PINTEREST :