Welcome again to the home of Easy Healthy Recipes on Budget & Easy Healthy dessert on Budget, Today i will guide you how to make “Chili Rellenos Casserole”. I made this Delicious recipe a few days ago, and I absolutely loved it and enjoyed it with my family. It came out very tasty and flavorful.
Don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious healthy recipe is easy to make and i walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it!
- “deborah” : This is excellent! I used the following suggestions from other readers: used an 8×8 pan, 3 eggs instead of 2, enchilada sauce instead of plain tomato sauce, added some black olives and jalapenos on top, used only 8 ounces lower fat mexican cheese instead of 16 ounces, and broiled the cheese on top. My husband and I both loved it and we’ll definitely be making this again! We served it with spanish rice, salad, tortilla chips and salsa.
- “morgan” : Very Good ! I used about 8 fresh roasted Hatch green chiles.(Hatch,NM is famous for thier peppers) Very accessable for me living in AZ. Used 1 lb of ground beef cooked with onion, and a little cumin. 3 eggs and a little hot sauce to the egg mixture. And enchilada sauce instead of tomato sauce. Used mostly sharp cheddar with a little monterey jack. Many compliments !! Reheats well.
- “naela” : Excellent dish when using suggestions of others, and a couple of my own improvements. Smaller pan (8×8 or 9×9), 2-3 lg. fresh roasted pasillo or ahaheim chiles (peeled & diced), 4 eggs, half the cheeses, only the evap. milk. For the egg mixture: Separate the eggs and whip the whites until slightly stiff. Blend together the egg yolks, flour and milk and fold into the beaten egg whites. This creates a much fluffier casserole. The best sauce for this dish is a can of mexican style stewed tomatoes, blended till just smooth. More authentic and flavorful than using enchilada sauce. Never would use just canned tomato sauce – yuck. As an update, since I make this so often, I should add that I often skip the sauce, and top the casserole with thinly sliced tomatoes instead-before baking. For the reviewer that posted that 4 eggs was too many (tasted the eggs), I should note that I typically make this as a breakfast/brunch dish, so maybe that’s the difference.
- “sarah” : Wow, is this good! The name says it all. Thanks for your great easy recipe
- “nicole” : This is one of my favorite recipes! I use chopped chilis, one more egg, and only the evaporated milk (Not the additonal 1/2 cup milk which isn’t even listed in the directions. #2 says mix milk not milks. Is the extra milk a typo?). I also bake it in a smaller pan – not the 8×8 – I use that odd pan in between an 8×8 and 10×13. We serve it with taco pie (fried burger with tomato sauce, served over a baked crescent roll crust, topped with cheese, and add your own lettuce, onion, etc.) This is definitely a keeper. Have used lower fat items also and was still tasty. We had leftovers for breakfast!
- “samantha” : I must say this is the best. I usually prepare my own roasted Poblano peppers and stuff them. But this casserole is just as good. It is definitely a keeper.
So HOW TO MAKE THIS TASTY RECIPE? don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious homemade recipe is easy to make and walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it on the next page!
Please head on over to > NEXT PAGE button:
To get More helpful tips as well as many other delicious Healthy Recipes follow us on PINTEREST :