Welcome again to the home of Easy Healthy Recipes on Budget & Easy Healthy dessert on Budget, Today i will guide you how to make “Chicken & Dressing Casserole”. I made this Delicious recipe a few days ago, and I absolutely loved it and enjoyed it with my family. It came out very tasty and flavorful.
Don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious healthy recipe is easy to make and i walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it!
- “kim” : The best chicken-and-dressing recipe I’ve ever eaten! Usually they’re too salty or too gloppy, but this was perfect. I too made a few changes: 1) I used one 12-oz. box Mrs. Cubbison’s cornbread stuffing (both bags) with 1-1/2 c broth. 2) While the chicken boiled (20 min. was plenty), I sauteed 1 c. chopped onion, 1 c. chopped celery, and 1 c. peeled, chopped apple in 4 T. butter, then mixed it into the stuffing mixture. I baked the casserole in a 9×13 pan (20 min. covered, 15 minutes uncovered). We could NOT stop eating this!
- “sabrine” : This was really good and pretty easy. I made a couple of changes, per others’ suggestions: 1) used TWO 6 oz pkgs of stuffing with 1.5 cups of chicken broth (I thought the cornbread stuffing was really good); 2) sauted garlic, 1/2 chopped onion, and celery in butter first, then mixed it in with the stuffing mixture; 3) added onion powder, sage, and rosemary to the stuffing mixture. My only problem was that I bought a rotisserie chicken, already cooked, from our store and that wasn’t quite enough chicken for this dish. However it saved a bunch of time! Next time I will add more chicken. These amounts were perfect for a 9×13 dish. I cooked mine for 35 minutes total uncovered and it turned out wonderful! With these changes this is an excellent recipe!!!
- “jennifer” : My husband is a very picky eater and hates casseroles, but he absolutely loves this one! He even requests that I make it again and again!!!
- “barbara” : Sooo good! I added cracked black pepper & a bay leaf to the chicken stock. I also sauteed one chopped onion & 2 stalks chopped celery in 2 Tbsp. of butter to add to the dressing mixture. Also added some white pepper & rubbed sage to dressing.
- “nancy” : This is a delicious and easy to prepare comfort dish. Add a side of cranberry and you have Thanksgiving (almost) year round! If you want to go the extra yard as other reviewers have mentioned, adding some sauted celery and onion, a couple handfuls of frozen peas or broccoli, a bit of sage or poultry seasoning certainly gives a bit more “homemade” taste and appearance. I did do as others suggested and added the second package of stuffing mix … it made for a more “dressing” like dish and cut well into squares for freezing leftovers. With or without the additions, you’ll be pleased come dinnertime! :O)
- “mia” : ima have to give this the full five stars since i’ve made this recipe at least five times and never rated it. it must be great if i keep making it again and again! with chicken breast and/or legs.
So HOW TO MAKE THIS TASTY RECIPE? don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious homemade recipe is easy to make and walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it on the next page!
Please head on over to > NEXT PAGE button:
To get More helpful tips as well as many other delicious Healthy Recipes follow us on PINTEREST :