Welcome again to the home of Easy Healthy Recipes on Budget & Easy Healthy dessert on Budget, Today i will guide you how to make “Buttermilk Oatmeal Muffins”. I made this Delicious recipe a few days ago, and I absolutely loved it and enjoyed it with my family. It came out very tasty and flavorful.
Don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious healthy recipe is easy to make and i walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it!
- “linda” : These are my favorite muffins! Think cornbread type of muffin but made with oatmeal instead and you will appreciate what these are. They are light, fluffy, wholesome oaty muffins with a hint of sweetness from the brown sugar that go well with foods you would normally serve with cornbread (chili, stew, roasts). I however love a muffin that isn’t loaded with sugar or filled with fruit and found these to be delicious warm with just a pat of butter. I use regular rolled oats and sub 1 c. of white whole wheat flour for regular flour and use melted coconut oil instead of butter, I even leave out the cinnamon and salt. Wonderful!
- “nancy” : Great, light, mild, NOT too sweet…I did use 1 tsp. Vanilla, and I ground my own Cinnamon…Made 18 Muffins…used the paper liners, and used my Medium Muffin Scoop, and they rose perfectly…didn’t run over…YUMMY
- “susan” : I halved this recipe but used the full 1/2 cup of butter; it was perfect. I didn’t need to spread the cut muffin with more butter and they were wonderfully moist. I’ve made them without additions and they are wonderful. In one batch I added 1/4 cup of finely chopped pecans, 1/3 cup of chopped dates and 1/3 cup of raisins that had been soaked in hot water for 10 minutes; those were really great. This is the perfect breakfast muffin recipe as it’s not too sweet.
- “elodie” : Well, these are in the oven now, so I’ll let you know in a few minutes! Can’t wait. I didn’t have much milk or buttermilk, so I improvised. I also halved the recipe since I was low on staples. This is what I did! 1/4 cup buttermilk 3/4 cup almond milk (I used sweetened) 1 cup oats soaked for 15 min per instructions 1/4 cup melted butter (put in oven to melt while I finished measuring.) 1 beaten egg 1/2 cup sugar (out of brown so used white) Note-don’t let butter get hot or you’ll have cooked egg. Added butter slowly, it was warm but not hot. I added that to oats after combining. It seemed a bit thick and hard to mix. 1 cup flour 1 t. baking powder 1/2 t. baking soda 1/2 t. pink sea salt I soaked about 1/4 c dried cranberries in warm water for 10 min. Since the mixture seemed a bit dry, the extra water in the dried cranberries seemed to help. Added 1 grated carrot and a few pecans I had on hand. This yielded 14 muffins. I know I changed this up, but wanted to use what I had! And I love carrots. OK – update on taste and texture ~ then I will rate them. I hear the timer! yay! These turned out tasty and moist with just the right sweetness! Delish! And somewhat healthy. I give them 5 stars!
- “terry” : I am about to make these for the second time, and this time around, because it’s fall and my daughter has a cold, I am going to add some dried cranberries and pecans. They are a very good breakfast muffin and she loved them first time just with some warm milk.
- “alexis” : I added 2 mashed bananas and a quarter cup of chia seeds which gave it a great extra bite / chrunch….(and makes them extra healthy). Reaaaaallly good!
So HOW TO MAKE THIS TASTY RECIPE? don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious homemade recipe is easy to make and walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it on the next page!
Please head on over to > NEXT PAGE button:
To get More helpful tips as well as many other delicious Healthy Recipes follow us on PINTEREST :