Welcome again to the home of Easy Healthy Recipes on Budget & Easy Healthy dessert on Budget, Today i will guide you how to make “Beef Stew”. I made this Delicious recipe a few days ago, and I absolutely loved it and enjoyed it with my family. It came out very tasty and flavorful.
Don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious healthy recipe is easy to make and i walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it!
- “rebecca” : This stew is very good! I did make some changes based on the reviews: Here is what I did. in a bag I put 1/4 cup flour, teaspoon of garlic powder, onion powder. 1/2 teaspoon of pepper. Put the stew meat in, and shook it up baby! Then I cooked it up in my ( cast iron ) dutch oven and seared in those flavors.
- “sarah” : This stew was excellent!!!! The flavor was so good and the meat was so tender. I followed the recipe except for a few things. I added a 1/2 cup of red wine in place of a 1/2 cup of water as another person suggested. I seasond my meat with pepper and garlic powder before I browned it. And I trippled the amount of cornstarch as other people suggested to make it thicker. One thing I did do that I wish I hadn’t was add salt. The beef bouillon gives it plenty, so I recomend not adding any extra at all. I also stopped cooking it at least ten min. early because the meat was already as tender as could be.
- “natasha” : BEST beef stew I’ve ever made! I added 3 tsp ground black pepper, 2 tsp garlic powder to the flour mixture before browning the beef. I followed the recipe exactly as directed, except I used powdered beef base instead of the cubes and also one jumbo red chopped onion. Also, I made 5 times the cornstarch mixture as I prefer a thicker gravy. As a result, I had to add some salt as there wasn’t as much salt in the powdered beef base. Also, if you add the 3 tsp of pepper to the beef before browning, watch how much pepper you put into the stew. Mine has a bit too much kick as a result but it’s still excellent! Also, if you use red potatoes and not russet ones, your potatoes won’t turn into mush no matter how long you cook them. I learned this from Alton Brown’s show, “Good Eats”. Russet potatoes will dissolve into mush unless you throw them in at the last minute. I cooked my red and yellow golden potatoes for over an hour in this stew and they didn’t change shape. BEST STEW RECIPE ON THIS SITE!
- “megan” : I have to say that in my 30+ years of cooking I have never tasted a stew quite like this one. I did not use the Bouillon cubes as it called for as they tend to be to salty. I go for a less expensive way and get the 48 oz. can of Beef broth. I had 3 lbs. of beef stew chunks and followed the recipe almost exactly. I added more pepper for flavoring as we like it flavorful. I also added the salt just to taste so it would not be too salty. We have ours over rice. The beef was juicy and tender. I have made beef stew for over 15 years and it has never came out this good for me before. I was also surprised to find that when the cornstarch was added to the cool water it dissolved completely. I will use this trick from now on with any recipes requiring cornstarch. Thanks for such a great recipe Paula! A MUST TRY FOR ANYONE WHO LIKES HEARTY MEALS!!!!! I will definitely be making this one again.
- “selvia” : this recipe is great as written. LADIES, NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR CHANGES, , rate the recipe as written, if you have to make changes, submit your own recipe, and let the rest of us form our own opinion.
- “kendra” : The BEST stew (made from scratch & not leftover pot roast) that I have ever had. We ate it over the whole weekend — first in the Italian Bread Bowls from this site & then in regular bowls with the leftover bread from the insides of the bowls used for dipping. I used the suggestion of substituting a sweet potato in place of one regular potato — as it cooked I smashed it into the sides of the pot to help thicken the stew. The only other change I made was using about 5 times the amount of cornstarch — we like our stew very thick. The rosemary definitely makes the flavor of this stew, & I don’t normally cook with rosemary. We all loved it in this meal, though, & I won’t change a thing next time I make it!
So HOW TO MAKE THIS TASTY RECIPE? don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious homemade recipe is easy to make and walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it on the next page!
Please head on over to > NEXT PAGE button:
To get More helpful tips as well as many other delicious Healthy Recipes follow us on PINTEREST :