Welcome again to the home of Easy Healthy Recipes on Budget & Easy Healthy dessert on Budget, Today i will guide you how to make “Basil Pan-Seared Scallops over Pasta”. I made this Delicious recipe a few days ago, and I absolutely loved it and enjoyed it with my family. It came out very tasty and flavorful.
Don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious healthy recipe is easy to make and i walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it!
- “alison” : Okay, I made quite a few different changes. First off I totally omitted the oil, and I only used 6 tbsp butter. I cooked the scallops in the juice of one orange and one lime (I hate the taste of fishiness). Once those had cooked about 3-5 mins I drained all but about 1 tbsp of the juices off the scallops (just eyeball it) put it back on the stove and then put your basil and I added 1 tsp of garlic powder and onion powder. Let the rest of the juice cook off and then add the butter sauce. Once that is coated I add about 2 1/2 cups of broccoli. (It is wonderful with this dish and I always use fresh ingredients where possible) but then you cover and let simmer for about 5-8 mins or until the broccoli is done but not wilted. I also prepare an alfredo sauce while this is simmering. I think it cuts down the greasiness and adds a little something extra. (you can make low fat sauce as well just use no fat milk and the healthy butter if there really is one 🙂 ) but once it is all done I have the pasta in the same pot as the scallops/broccoli and add the sauce to the pot. It is most definitely a huge hit with my husband and he eats until he is miserable and has done that each of the four times I have made this dish. I know this is long but I hope that someone enjoys this as much as my family and I have.
- “elizabeth” : Well, there was no way I was going to waste the scallop marinade. So, I thawed out a 10 oz box of frozen chopped spinach and squeezed it dry. After searing the scallops, I deglazed the pan with a half cup of dry white wine and let it reduce, then added 4 tbsp butter, the remaining basil and garlic, and sauteed the spinach. Then I added the scallop marinade, and let it cook at high heat to kill any bacteria and reduce…checked for seasonings, then added two ladlefuls of pasta water to make a sauce. Returned the scallops to the sauce to make sure they were cooked through, then mixed with hot pasta and topped with parmesan cheese. Excellent! With the use of the pasta water I did not use more than 1/4 c of olive oil and 4 tbsp butter. Very good.
- “valerie” : I tried this recipe tonight.Thought it was terrific. I had planned it for two, but we had unexpected company for dinner. Only had enough scallops for 2, so I had to supplement with shrimp. Other than that I followed the recipe almost to the “T”.I sauteed spinach in the pan I cooked the scallops and shrimp in an added that to the pasta.Will definitly use this recipe again,with maybe a bit more garlic,(just our pesonal taste)
- “melissa” : This was very yummy! I used small scallops that we gathered ourselves during scalloping season. I also used spiral noodles and fresh garlic instead. This, for me, was wonderful and simple and tasted like something I would order at a resturaunt. A must try!
- “anna” : I’m not great with measuring but I did make some changes. First I took out the oil, and did not place the scallops in a bowl with seasonings. Just cooked them in butter, extra garlic and browned them. Keep the lemon out – an earlier reviewer is correct, the scallops won’t brown. I added about a T of the basil. After cooking the scallops I put them aside and I added some wine (about 1/4 c) to deglaze. Then I added asparagus tips to the pan. After about 4-5 min, I added the scallops back to the pan. I melted the remaining butter (only used 7 Tlbs) and the lemon. Poured this over the bow tie pasta, added parmesan cheese, mixed, then added the scallops and more parmesan cheese. Chopped up some fresh parsley on top. Excellent!!
- “vanessa” : I made my own variation of this, using what I had on hand: small bay scallops, quinoa linguini pasta, and the addition of some white wine, broccoli, and grape tomatoes. I sauteed the scallops with wine, butter, a little olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, salt, pepper, basil, a little cilantro, and onion powder. After they were cooked, I set them aside, deglazed the pan with more wine, and sauteed some frizen broccoli using the same ingredients as above. Once the broccoli was tender I added a few grape tomatoes, let them cook through, and added the scallops back into the pan with the veg. Severed over qunion linquini. I thought this was really tasty and will definitely make again. I think it would have been just as good using the original recipe if you have the items on hand.
So HOW TO MAKE THIS TASTY RECIPE? don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious homemade recipe is easy to make and walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it on the next page!
Please head on over to > NEXT PAGE button:
To get More helpful tips as well as many other delicious Healthy Recipes follow us on PINTEREST :