Welcome again to the home of Healthy Recipes & list of dishes, Today i will guide you how to make “Zavioli with Spinach and Ricotta” I made this Delicious recipe a few days ago, and I absolutely loved it and enjoyed it with my family. It came out very tasty and flavorful.
As usual after that i maked this “Zavioli with Spinach and Ricotta” i send it first to all of my followers on My Pinterest Account to try it first and these was some of their rich reviews, opinions, suggestions and great recommendations:
- “vishal” : Amazing – did not miss the meat. We used regular store bought ricotta and used a cheese cloth to drain as much water as possible. From there we seasoned the ricotta and actually used a 1 tbs water 1 tbs oil and 1 tsp baking soda as an egg substitute for vegetarians. We ensured the ricotta was cold when we combined everything and did not have any ‘watery’ issues when assembling. We used store bought pesto for ease and used long toothpicks pre soaked in water. We also sauteed the zucchini (yellow and green) lightly and seasoned with salt and pepper for added flavour. Looked very pretty and tasted amazing. Served it with simple pasta and garlic bread – making it again!
- “kimberly” : This turned out wonderful and worth the extra time to make. I did add some additional spices to the ricotta mixture (the same as I use for my lasagna recipe). My only problem was I wasn’t able to wrap the zucchini into bundles. So I ended up rolling the zucchini stripes and securing with toothpicks. I was worried about it being too juicy since the zucchini wasn’t cooked first,but that made the zucchini actually better – just cooked it to a tender crisp. Yummy! I will make again.
- “aida” : These were delicious and fun to make! Loved that these were healthier and gluten free friendly too! We had 2 medium sized zucchinis, and overlapped 2 slices both lengthwise and crosswise. I sauteed 10 oz of fresh spinach for the filling. Our Zaviolis could have used more filling inside, but we were worried about over filling them. With that said, the ingredient amounts for the filling were perfect. Next time I think I’ll add the parmesan cheese to the filling mixture and top each zavioli with pasta sauce and shredded mozzarella. Can’t wait to make these in the summer when I have some extra large zucchinis from the garden! Thanks for the recipe!
- “vanessa” : The flavors on this dish were sooooooo delicious. Made a few adjustments: added parmesan to the ricotta mix, sauteed the zucchini strips per another reviewer’s suggestion, and made a lasagna instead bc my zucchini was too small to make the ravioli.
- “nolan” : It was fun to make and enjoyed the short cooking time. The texture was tantalizing having a slight crunch followed by gooey rush from the filling. A great combination of ingredients and color. I really enjoyed this dish.
- “hannah” : We really enjoyed this recipe. I used two normal zucchini because I don’t know what an “extra large zucchini” is. No salt and pepper added per taste. I used store bought pesto rather than making it myself as outlined in step 3. Instead of fresh I used frozen chopped spinach. Cook for 4 minutes with added chopped garlic and pizza seasoning before adding it to the egg and cheese mixture. The ingredients made 12 “parcels” which needed 30 minutes to cook at 350 deg F.
So HOW TO MAKE THIS TASTY RECIPE? don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious homemade recipe is easy to make and walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it on the next page!
Please head on over to > NEXT PAGE button: