Welcome again to the home of Healthy Recipes & list of dishes, Today i will guide you how to make “Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings” I made this Delicious recipe a few days ago, and I absolutely loved it and enjoyed it with my family. It came out very tasty and flavorful.
As usual after that i maked this “Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings” i send it first to all of my followers on My Pinterest Account to try it first and these was some of their rich reviews, opinions, suggestions and great recommendations:
- “christy” : This is a hit around my house although I add a lot of vegetables (potatoes carrots celery) to the chicken. It adds a lot of flavor and nutrition. I guess mine is a little bit more like a pot pie but who cares? I never have leftovers!
- “mia” : The first time I made this it wasn’t that great. Chicken was great but way too much dough and it wouldn’t cook all the way through. I wasn’t ready to give up and made it again. This time I substituted chicken broth for water used only one package of dough and added the dough about 2 hours before it was done. It turned out great and we loved it.
- “kerri” : I’m rating this recipe a 4 even though I absolutely loved the end result. That is because I made quite a few aditions to the recipe. First I used 1 can cream of chicken soup and 1 can cream of broccoli soup. Instead of adding water I used a can of chicken gravy. I added 2 stalks of celery 2 garlic cloves 1 cup frozen corn and 1 drained can green beans. I cooked on high for 5 hours and the last hour turned it down to med. heat I mixed in the butter with 2 tbsp. flour to thicken. When I adde the biscuits (2 cans) I transferred to the oven to bake the rest of the way(My slow-cooker comes off the base and the pot can be transferred right to the oven). This was absolutely one of the best dishes ever but I’m not quite sure if I would have enjoyed it as is. Thanks for the base recipe though!
- “crystal” : I’ve made this about 7-8 times now so pay attention to the following review! lol! 1. Not only do you not need the onions I think they take away from the recipe. Leave them out and you’ll be happy you did. 2. DO NOT SUBSTITUTE CREAM OF MUSHROOM. I did this once just for the sake of seeing if it tasted ok and no it didn’t. At all. And I love cream of mushroom soup… but it just didn’t taste like ckn and dumplings. 3. Definitely use cnk broth instead of water. The difference in flavor is huge. 4. Don’t be afraid to use enough broth – generously cover the ckn… the biscuits will soak up some of that broth. 5. Speaking of ckn… DOUBLE IT. Better yet use ckn tenders! If you don’t double the ckn you’re left with a whole lot of juice a decent amt of dumplings and hardly any ckn. 6. As for biscuits: I’ve done store biscuits and I’ve done Bisquick drop dumplings (recipe on the side of their box). For me it’s a toss up as to which I like better. The pre-made is really easy and cook nice but the Bisquick tastes so much more authentic. It’s just as easy really but you need to be sure you drop them no bigger than a teaspoon because they plump up a lot. 7. I put this on 6 hours and at the 4 hour mark I add the dumplings/biscuits. 8. Doctor your gravy – I’ve added anything from garlic and onion powders to Adobo savory parsley celery salt. Oh and it will need a bit more salt. Keep checking it to be sure it’s not bland. Overall enjoy this recipe it’s AMAZING!
- “mina” : 5 stars for ease time management and on hand ingredients. 3 stars for the dumplings…. they will do in a pinch but not out of this world I must have another bite etc. tasting. However this is a great recipe to start in the morning and let cook all day while you’re at the office. Helpful Hints First: Add a can of chicken broth to the chicken soup mixture as the biscuit/dumplings absorb most of the liquid. Second: Use low sodium or healthy versions of the chicken soup and broth as I found this dish to be quite salty. Third: Knorr’s and Swanson’s now make chicken STOCK “flavor boost’s”. Do add one as it does intensify the chicken flavor. Fourth: 1 can of biscuits is plenty. Last: Add poultry seasoning to taste. Definitely one to add to the winter rotation for a quick make ahead dinner.
- “barbara” : Oh my gosh!! After reading some of the reviews and all the changes/additions etc. I wondered what this would actually taste like all by itself. I found out. It’s GOOD stuff. Pure and simple comfort food! I made this just as written but I halved it and I put it on low heat for 11 hours while I was at work (I prepared it the night before and put it in the fridge when I got up I plugged in the crockpot just before I left the house and set it on low). When I got home I rolled out the biscuits so they were nice and thin and used a pizza cutter to cut each one into 5-6 strips and threw them into the pot; I stirred it well to make sure they all were covered in liquid and would cook completely. I turned the heat up to high and set a timer for 60 minutes. I checked at 45 and they were cooked through and beautifully soft and doughy on the outside still. I went ahead and added a drained can of mixed peas & carrots after turning the heat off and mixed it a couple times to break up the chicken chunks and warm the veggies then served. YUMMY. This is awesome just as its written it is a lot of dumplings for the amount of chicken/liquid – but I liked it that way.:) Thanks for a GREAT and easy work night recipe!!
So HOW TO MAKE THIS TASTY RECIPE? don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious homemade recipe is easy to make and walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it on the next page!
Please head on over to > NEXT PAGE button: