Welcome again to the home of Healthy Recipes & list of dishes, Today i will guide you how to make “Serbian Ground Beef, Veggie, and Potato Bake” I made this Delicious recipe a few days ago, and I absolutely loved it and enjoyed it with my family. It came out very tasty and flavorful.
As usual after that i maked this “Serbian Ground Beef, Veggie, and Potato Bake” i send it first to all of my followers on My Pinterest Account to try it first and these was some of their rich reviews, opinions, suggestions and great recommendations:
- “tonna” : I REALLY liked this one! There is so much flavor to it! The only thing I left out was the celery since the poor stuff was quite wilted and sick looking in my fridge! (It did go straight into the trash by the way!!!) Anyway….I added a touch more red wine, I chooped baby carrots instead of shredding one, 4 potatoes and a little extra cinnamon. There is something so devine about mixing beef with flavors like cinnamon…I love it! Hubby is a huge meat and potatoes kind of guy and he went to town on this dish! There weren’t any leftovers! This will be a regular at my house….but will be known as the garbage dish…..I had part of a pepper, part of an onion, a small amount of red wine from the night before, potatoes that needed to be used up…..and this dish used up all the leftover stuff so I didn’t have to toss it! Great flavor! Thanks for sharing!
- “gana” : I am serbian. And this dish is actualy called musaka ( similar to greek mousakka) . I usually slice a lot more potato layers, to make it at least 4 layers of potato and 3 of meat mixture, potato goes on top. In the last 10 minutes of baking you add mixture of 5-6 eggs and little milk all over top and bake it for 10 more minutes. That is it!
- “jamie” : This was really, really good and best of all I had every thing in my pantry. It reminded me of Greek mousaka with the cinnamon, nutmeg and ground beef. It was interesting, but in a good way. There were a couple of things I did a little different from the original recipe. I browned the beef and then put the veggies and seasonings in (I would have liked to have figured out how to do it in one pan, but didn’t want to press my luck). I couldn’t figure out why you needed to take the beef out or add the extra oil. It turned out just fine. Next time I would only use one rib of celery and cut it up fine since my onion and red pepper (didn’t have green) were chopped up fine. I also didn’t have any half and half, but I had sour cream and I added 2 tablespoons and it was fine. This was fast and easy and tastey. This is a keeper. Thanks for sharing!
- “natasha” : This was a wonderfull treat! The recipe as presented is perfect! Being the cook that I am, I added some sweet italian sausage meat, garlic & mushrooms. A “warm you inside and out” kind of meal .. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
- “zina” :Wish there was a 10 star option!! I didn’t have high hopes for this – it’s a casserole, for cryin’ out loud – but between my 4 year old and myself, we finished the whole pan! I made some MINOR changes – I added a drizzle of honey after I mixed the veggies, meat, and spices for a touch of sweet, and I added a drizzle of cream to the bottom of the casserole dish before i layered the potatoes and then antoher drizzle to the top layer of taters, just so they’d get soft. Also seasoned the taters w/ salt and pepper. Word of warning – once you take the first scoop out, it starts to look kinda gross.. doesn’t matter! Tastes SO GOOD!
- “elizabeth” : I made this last night almost exactly as written (I only had a few strips of red and yellow pepper-no green, I probably used slightly more than a “pinch” of cinnamon and cloves and I put a potato layer in the middle). We thought it was really good. Last night for supper I thought that I had used too much cloves but today the leftovers at lunch tasted perfect. My 3 year old didn’t like it but that was not too surprising as he doesn’t like a lot of meat. My husband is generally a picky eater and he had seconds.
So HOW TO MAKE THIS TASTY RECIPE? don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious homemade recipe is easy to make and walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it on the next page!
Please head on over to > NEXT PAGE button: