Welcome again to the home of Healthy Recipes & list of dishes, Today i will guide you how to make “Quick and Easy Alfredo Sauce” I made this Delicious recipe a few days ago, and I absolutely loved it and enjoyed it with my family. It came out very tasty and flavorful.
As usual after that i maked this “Quick and Easy Alfredo Sauce” i send it first to all of my followers on My Pinterest Account to try it first and these was some of their rich reviews, opinions, suggestions and great recommendations:
- “rae” :I used light cream cheese and skim milk and it was still excellent. The recipe states that this makes 4 servings, but I would say that it easily doubled that. Assuming the 4 servings, using these substitutions drops the calories per serving by 85 and drops the fat by 11.8 grams. The cholesterol drops by 39 mg. (Well worth doing as it is still excellent.)
- “gina” : I have been making this recipe for several years and still can’t get enough of it! It is my husband’s favorite dish (in fact, I’m pretty sure this is why he married me!) and he requests it constantly. The only time I had a problem with separating or a heavy butter flavor was the one time I used real butter instead of margarine. It still tasted very good, but the flavor was MUCH richer and it was significantly thicker overall. If you have trouble with the parmesan being too grainy or sticking to the bottom of the pot, try adding it right after mixing in the cream cheese and whisk well. It will be super thick before adding the milk, but the parmesan will blend better. If you are worried the 2c milk is too much, try mixing everything together and leaving it on low heat while you boil water for the pasta. It will thicken alot as it cools too. Other than that, the only real tweaking that I have done is to always ALWAYS add a healthy dash of oregano. Other seasonings may come and go, but I find oregano essential for rounding out that Italian flavor. **update** Since a few reviews suggested nutmeg I decided to experiment on what I thought was already perfection and it was definitely worth it! A good dash or two of nutmeg really adds depth and compliments the oregano too. **more update** For those who say they taste too much cream cheese, make sure you are using the whole 6oz of Parmesan. If you are using enough Parmesan it should become the dominant flavor.
- “melissa” : Very good and unlike other reviewers, I did not taste the cream cheese, like in so many other savory dishes that use cream cheese it adds smooth richness to it. VERY good. Made alot which I like b/c I was feeding 5 of us. Served over penne, added chopped fresh tomatoes and basil to mine. Easy, cheap and comforting, and not super greasy like my other recipe. I did add a few dashes of nutmeg and parsley, pepper, and more salt to taste once I had tossed it. Thanks! BY THE WAY: DON’T rate a recipe if you COMPLETELY change it!!!! That is extremely unfair and none of us want to hear about how you changed every measurement and dumped a bunch of ingredients in it and thought it was so-so. Not cool!!
- “mariah” : Outstanding. Sublime. Fantastic. I could think of infinite adjectives to describe this sauce becuase its so wonderful. I am generally a traditionalist, but the addition of cream cheese is pure genious. I have never made such a velvety alfredo before. This is my new standard recipe. I did, however, make the following changes; I used some cream and some milk. I also used more parmesan than called for, and topped it off with some nutmeg and fresh parsley. I have also used this sauce as a base for many other sauces, creamy pesto, garlic and mushroom, creamy basil and tomato, the possibilities are endless. Thanks very much for a great recipe.
- “linda” : This really is a great tasting sauce!! I was surprised that you can not taste the cream cheese at all; very “authentic” texture & flavor!! (I was a bit worried at first when my butter and cream cheese did not blend smoothly, and I thought it was because I used margarine and lite cream cheese, but upon adding the first bit of milk it became creamy and the end result was wonderful.) This is an instant classic at my house.
- “kendra” : Very excellent recipe. So much smoother, creamier, and easier than other alfredo recipes I’ve tried. I did make a few of my own adjustments; I used 1 cup of cream and 1 cup of milk like a few others suggested, I used nutmeg instead of garlic powder and pepper, and used parmesean and romano cheeses. It was so luxurious, and reheats slightly better than some homemade sauces. Great for tossing with pasta or more substantial items like meat and veggies. Definately a keeper!
So HOW TO MAKE THIS TASTY RECIPE? don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious homemade recipe is easy to make and walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it on the next page!
Please head on over to > NEXT PAGE button: