- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 4 (6 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
Stir together the cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, and jalapenos in a small bowl.
Cut a pocket horizontally through the thickest side of each chicken breast, and fill with 1/4 of the cheese mixture. Secure with toothpicks.
Roll the chicken breasts in bread crumbs to coat. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, and cook chicken breasts until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 8 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).