Welcome again to the home of Healthy Recipes & list of dishes, Today i will guide you how to make “Hearty Ham Casserole” I made this Delicious recipe a few days ago, and I absolutely loved it and enjoyed it with my family. It came out very tasty and flavorful.
As usual after that i maked this “Hearty Ham Casserole” i send it first to all of my followers on My Pinterest Account to try it first and these was some of their rich reviews, opinions, suggestions and great recommendations:
- “megan” : I made this last Christmas/New Years and thought it was good, but not great. This year, I tweaked it and it is excellent! I cubed 4 small-medium potatoes but only boiled them maybe 9 minutes and then mixed them with the ham, one 11-oz can of mexi-corn, and ½ pkg frozen chopped broccoli. For the sauce, I cooked 1/4 cup chopped onions and two stalks of celery (sliced) in the 1/4 cup butter. To that, I added 1/3 cup of flour, 2 cups of milk, a few good shakes of pepper, maybe ½ tsp of garlic powder and ½ tsp of cayenne. I also added around a cup or so of shredded cheddar to make it a nice tasty cheese sauce. I mixed the sauce with the other ingredients, poured into a greased 9×13 dish, and topped with another 1½ cups of cheddar. Awesome! Thanks again, Lindysue! I’ve found the way to prepare it for my family!
- “angela” : Much better if you use 1/4 cup chopped onion, 1/4 tsp minced garlic, and 1 Tsp Spicy Season All and saute with the parsley and 1/2 Tsp marjoram in the butter before adding the flour and milk. Also add 1/2 cup melted Velveetta cheese after you add the above said mixture to the ham, potatoes, and corn. I tossed everything in the casserole dish 1/2 way through cooking then added 1 cup of shredded cheese to the top of the casserole. Turned out just wonderful!! I used quite a bit more pepper than the recipe called for, but WOW what a dish! WHole family loved it! Don’t be fooled with the spicy season all. It won’t make the dish too spicy or salty. Just great!
- “vanesa” : This was very good, but would have been better if I had cubed the potatoes and then sauteed them instead of boiling them, and left the skin on. Be sure to use red or yellow potatoes for this, because baking potatoes don’t have the right texture, which is important to this dish. Also, try using a can of mexicorn for more color and flavor, and using pepperjack cheese instead of processed cheese. Overall, a good recipe even as is. Hubby asked for seconds (rare even with my good cooking skills).
- “kim” : Very flavorful Casserole! Best I made in a long time. I made this twice now, Once as written which was awesome. Second time I replaced potatos with egg noodles and subsituted peas in place of corn. Great taste either way. Thanks for a wonderful new family favorite!
- “suzana” : This is very good. Especially if you like country gravy-type recipes. I like to use cheddar cheese. Cook all in an iron skillet and then throw that in the oven. One dish recipe!
- “jany” : Good recipe! I added garlic to the gravy and blended in some cheddar cheese before baking as well. Used cheddar on top rather than processed cheese. Will certainly make again.
So HOW TO MAKE THIS TASTY RECIPE? don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious homemade recipe is easy to make and walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it on the next page!
Please head on over to > NEXT PAGE button: