Welcome again to the home of Healthy Recipes & list of dishes, Today i will guide you how to make “Grandma’s Ground Beef Casserole ” I made this Delicious recipe a few days ago, and I absolutely loved it and enjoyed it with my family. It came out very tasty and flavorful.
As usual after that i maked this “Grandma’s Ground Beef Casserole” i send it first to all of my followers on My Pinterest Account to try it first and these was some of their rich reviews, opinions, suggestions and great recommendations:
- “natasha” : I made this casserole last night with a couple of very small moderations. Instead of chopping or dicing the onion, ( an entire sweet yellow onion ) I put it in my mini chopper and pureed it. I made the recipe with Prego Traditional spaghetti sauce instead of tomato sauce. I topped the casserole with sharp cheddar, romano and parmesan cheeses. I loved this casserole, but better yet, my husband and grandson loved it too. ( my husband usually doesn’t like casseroles. and doesn’t like spaghetti. ) We had enough left for lunch today and it’s even better the day after. This is a keeper. We loved it.
- “ema” : This was a great find. The layers of sour cream, cream cheese, and onion really set off the flavor of this simple dish. The family really enjoyed it and leftovers weren’t left over for very long. I imagine that many readers will find ways to tweak this recipe with additional ingredients. I prepared it exactly to the recipe and would argue that no adjustments are necessary.
- “leslie” : I am trying to lose weight and am careful with my calories so I played with this. I used lean ground beef, switched the sour cream for fat free yogurt, used low fat cream cheese diced tomatoes instead of sauce and low fat mozzarella and I was able to make a very satisfying dish, true to the intent of the recipe and 25% fewer calories. I did add spinach to the cream cheese layer and fresh garlic because I had no garlic salt. There was plenty of flavor and as someone else pointed out this is a perfect recipe to your own taste. Thanks
- “raane” : Found this as I had ground beef already cooking on the stove with a vague idea that I was going to cook SOME kind of casserole. I am always looking for new additions to our weekly routine and this one fit the bill nicely. I expected it to be a bigger hit with my small children, but my husband and I both enjoyed it immensely. I added canned peas and fresh chopped carrots as well as parsley, and I cooked most of the onion with the beef and only added a small amount to the cheese/sour cream mixture. I will make this again, but sparingly. This is firmly in the comfort food department and can’t be very waistline friendly…which is why it tastes so good!
- “eva” : Very tasty dish although I noticed there were very few herbs or spices involved. I made some additions: 2 tsp. dried basil and fresh black pepper to taste. The sour cream mixture makes the dish creamy and adds lightness. I would make it again.
However, for a one-man chef/consumer they are too much work.
- “crystal” : This was a big hit. I added more sugar to tone down the tomato sauce (I forgot I had some spaghetti sauce I could have used), and added some oregano and pepper. I mixed the first layer of noodles and sour cream mixture with some cheese, then layered the rest according to the instructions. A green salad along with garlic bread made for a very good dinner.
So HOW TO MAKE THIS TASTY RECIPE? don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious homemade recipe is easy to make and walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it on the next page!
Please head on over to > NEXT PAGE button: