Welcome again to the home of Healthy Recipes & list of dishes, Today i will guide you how to make “Giant Whole-Wheat Banana-Strawberry Muffins” I made this Delicious recipe a few days ago, and I absolutely loved it and enjoyed it with my family. It came out very tasty and flavorful.
As usual after that i maked this “Giant Whole-Wheat Banana-Strawberry Muffins” i send it first to all of my followers on My Pinterest Account to try it first and these was some of their rich reviews, opinions, suggestions and great recommendations:
- “caity” : I use this recipe so often to make banana bread. I omit the strawberries and replace the oil with an additional 1/4 c of applesauce. I also add a tsp of allspice and 1/2 tsp of salt. I bake each loaf for 50 minutes. Even the traditional high fat banana bread lovers in my family say this bread is delicious. My dad told me last night that I make some darn good banana bread.
- “jennifer” : Wow, how delightfully different and healthy! These make a great breakfast. I used canola oil (healthier fats) and substituted half a cup of the flour with 1/2 cup of wheat germ to up the fiber content. Very moist and full of flavor!
- “johny” : I thought this recipe was fantastic! Thanks Mimi! I usually have a hard time w/making baked goods, but these were easy and they came out great!! The only thing I did different was add blueberries instead of strawberries, and I used 2 large bananas instead of 3. I did read the other reviews, and I dont understand why there was any negative ones–but a tip for future bakers would be to make sure they FOLD the bananas around the dry ingredients. Dont stir the batter, but if you do, definitely dont stir too much–that makes the muffins hard sometimes. Good luck and I hope everyone else enjoyes these muffins as much as I did!!
- “kim” : Fabulous! The best whole grain muffin I’ve tried. The first time I made them, I used fresh strawberries, but they pretty much disintegrated in the baking process–still tasted great. The second time, I used blueberries instead of the strawberries and they held up much better and were just as delicious! They freeze well. I take one out before bed and it’s ready the next morning for breakfast on the go!
- “caroline” : Loved this recipe. I used olive oil instead of vegetable and also made regular size muffins. They were fabulous and the kiddos loved them. Next time I think I will use fresh strawberries though, because the frozen were very tart. Thanks for the great recipe!
- “linda” : This is my first review! And its because this is the first recipe from this site that I have made numerous times, numerous ways and they ALWAYS come out good. Below Ive outlined my most recent attempt which was the best batch ive ever made. Keep in mind, i eat these for breakfast and do not like them overly sweet, so the bananas plus strawberries in the batter provide enough sugar for my taste. Also, without any oil these are certainly not as moist as regular muffins. But if you have any familiarity with no-fat baking, you may be amazed at how nice the textures is. MY CHANGES – 1 egg/1 egg white, all applesauce instead of oil, omitted sugar entirely, 1 cup white whole wheat flour/1 cup oat flour, loads of spices including cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger (1 T each), and 1.5 cups fresh strawberries. The result was a perfectly sweet, light, super hearty muffin! I had 2 for breakfast this morning and they were even better after resting overnight. One sortof “duh” suggestion: dont pour this batter into cupcake liners! Or, should i say, dont do it if you omit fat entirely because they will stick and you will lose half the muffin every time you unwrap one!
So HOW TO MAKE THIS TASTY RECIPE? don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious homemade recipe is easy to make and walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it on the next page!
Please head on over to > NEXT PAGE button: