Welcome again to the home of Healthy Recipes & list of dishes, Today i will guide you how to make “French Onion Green Bean Casserole” I made this Delicious recipe a few days ago, and I absolutely loved it and enjoyed it with my family. It came out very tasty and flavorful.
As usual after that i maked this “French Onion Green Bean Casserole” i send it first to all of my followers on My Pinterest Account to try it first and these was some of their rich reviews, opinions, suggestions and great recommendations:
- “danielle” : If you are wanting a more decadent green bean casserole other than the regular boring soup kind, this is it! This is one of my favorites now! I pretty much went exactly by the recipe except I flavored the white sauce with a little onion and garlic powders and used canned green beans instead of fresh. I was making a big turkey dinner with this, so I prepared it all the day before. I assembled it all together except the topping and refrigerated it. Once I was ready to cook I pulled it out of the refrigerator and topped it with the topping and put in the oven. It was great! It turned out nice and creamy and full of flavor! With the caramelized onions in this, you won’t miss those crunchy ones that are normally on top. But Im sure you could still add those and it would give it another depth of flavor if you love them like I do. The gruyere cheese is expensive and honestly if you go with a cheaper swiss or even a gouda cheese, it would taste just as good. So don’t get scared away with an expensive cheese because it will still be great with something cheaper! Thanks Chef John for this delicious casserole! I will be definitely making again!
- “brenda” : I was looking for a way to make the traditional ‘green bean casserole’ without having to resort to using the stuff from a can as I have to cook gluten-free. This version is way better and my taste buds were pleased! Yes–the cheese is pricey (I paid $4.99 for 4 oz) but it marries all the ingredients together perfectly — savory and sweet. I didn’t have access to fresh green beans and used 2 lbs of frozen — I cooked them 2 minutes less than the package specified to avoid them getting mushy. I also don’t keep milk in the house and substituted half-half. Of course, more calories and fat but the sauce was rich and creamy; I used rice flour to make the roux — 4 tbsp. For the top, I used Kinnikinnick gluten free panko bread crumbs. This recipe is definitely a keeper in my household!
- “kendra” : This recipe was the hit of the big dinner party which included a delicious rack of pork and cheesy, fantastic scalloped potatoes. It’s rather a lot of work, but I followed the recipe EXCEPT for adding 1/2 lb of cooked, chopped bacon (divided) to both layers of the onions. I used the fresh haricot verts (fresh green beans) from Trader Joe’s. Oh boy, this is a guaranteed hit – go for it!!
- “deborah” : It came out exactly how it looked on the video and the taste was AMAZING!! I was never a fan for green bean casserole but, with this recipe I am a convert I needed a recipe. I got stuck with making this as a side dish for a dinner party. My hubby won’t eat veggies to save his life, he had second’s and third’s, if there were any left he would have requested left over’s too. It was a huge hit, this recipe is a keeper no need to look any further.
- “nicole” : The wife and I were surprised by the savory flavor. I believe it has a lot to do with the caramelized yellow onions. Am going to try it next time with sweet onion (like Vidalia) and see what happens. Yes, it is a little labor intensive, but really worth the effort!
- “pamela” : I cut the recipe in half as my plants have only given my 1 lb of green beans so far. But otherwise I went by the book and this was delicious! Those caramelized onions are a revelation!
So HOW TO MAKE THIS TASTY RECIPE? don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious homemade recipe is easy to make and walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it on the next page!
Please head on over to > NEXT PAGE button: