- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- Combine ground beef, egg, Parmesan cheese, flaxseed, oregano, salt, and pepper in a bowl; mix until well combined. Roll mixture into golf ball-size meatballs.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add meatballs; cook until browned, about 5 minutes on each side. Pour tomato sauce over meatballs; simmer for 25 to 30 minutes.