Welcome again to the home of Healthy Recipes & list of dishes, Today i will guide you how to make “Basic Cream Cheese Frosting” I made this Delicious recipe a few days ago, and I absolutely loved it and enjoyed it with my family. It came out very tasty and flavorful.
As usual after that i maked this “Basic Cream Cheese Frosting” i send it first to all of my followers on My Pinterest Account to try it first and these was some of their rich reviews, opinions, suggestions and great recommendations:
- “naples” : This is a tried and true, classic cream cheese frosting, especially good on carrot and banana cakes. I’ve made this so many times I haven’t needed to look at the actual recipe for years! I’ve always used 3-1/2 to 4 c. of powdered sugar, but you can certainly use less, down to as little as 2 c., if you like a less-sweet, thicker, firmer, more cream cheesey frosting. Add a little cocoa powder or melted chocolate, to taste, for Chocolate Cream Cheese frosting.
- “linda” : this is a great recipe. I did notice when looking at carrot cake recipe’s they mention using ‘cream cheese frosting II’, however there are 2 of those! I like this one. I, like some other review varied the powerded sugar. Since I wanted my frosting “stiff” I used more sugar, which was great. For those who want to frost the entire cake, (I am a former professional cake decorator) here at some hints for ALL cakes. Freeze the cake. Use the frosting between layer and cover the entire care with a thin coat of frosting. (This way the crumbs are only in the coat and it acts as a seal on the cake. Once again freeze or refrigerate, and then put on the final layer of frosting. This way you won’t pull the crumbs into the frosting and it looks fabulous.
- “hydi” : I decorate wedding cakes and this is the most delicious (not to mention easiest) recipe I’ve come across. Great on cinnamon rolls, mocha, spice, and carrot cakes! I thought the consistency was perfect but I you feel you need to thin it add about a tablespoon of light karo.
- “josie” : Well…I might as well glue this stuff to my butt because that’s where it’s going after I eat it all. This was a delicious frosting. I did alter it a bit to suit my taste. I used about 4-1/2 cups of powdered sugar, added a splash of almond extract and about an 1/8 of a cup of cream of coconut. I also added about a cup of chopped nuts for more of a tropical flavor. I spread this on top of a Mexican Wedding Cake while it was still warm (my mema’s recipe) and wow…soooo good. Thanks
- “monica” : This is fantastic! I have been searching for a cream cheese frosting that is not too sweet and this is it! It is the perfect proportion of cream cheese, butter, and sugar. Enjoy!
- “tana” : After trying this recipe, I wonder why I ever bought that nasty frosting from the store. This is super easy and not very expensive. If you can get the cream cheese on sale like I did, its almost cheaper to make it from scratch than to buy a tub of it. Needless to say, I will never go back. As far as sweetness goes, just keep tasting the frosting until you get it to the desired sweetness. I figured it was a given, but I guess some people like to follow the recipe to the “T”. Lets live dangerously people and try changing the recipe a bit.
So HOW TO MAKE THIS TASTY RECIPE? don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious homemade recipe is easy to make and walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it on the next page!
Please head on over to > NEXT PAGE button: