Welcome again to the home of Healthy Recipes & list of dishes, Today i will guide you how to make “Banana Cake” I made this Delicious recipe a few days ago, and I absolutely loved it and enjoyed it with my family. It came out very tasty and flavorful.
As usual after that i maked this “Banana Cake” i send it first to all of my followers on My Pinterest Account to try it first and these was some of their rich reviews, opinions, suggestions and great recommendations:
- “cindy” : This is my recipe, the temperature is not a mistake in the directions. It is to bake at a slow rate to keep the cake moist. This recipe has been made by tons of friends of mine over and over, not one of them has had a problem with the directions, temperature, or the ingredients. Check your oven temperature with a thermometer, also use the correct size pan. It all makes a difference!!! Pyrex pans are freezer to oven…their claim to fame when first on the market…that dates me, I guess.
- “kendra” : To anyone reading this, do not hesitate to make this cake. I think the cooking temperature and placing it in the freezer after baking is what makes this cake outstanding. I myself made a couple of changes. 1.) I did not have buttermilk, so I used regular milk and added 1.5 tablespoons of vinegar to make it comparable to buttermilk. 2.) I had 4 large bananas so I used all of them, (I did not use lemon juice) 3) I used 2 cups of white sugar and 1/4c of brown sugar 4) I used about another additional tablespoon of vanilla. 5) I had to bake it a LOT, LOT longer than the recipe calls for. Every oven is different, so just keep checking it and don’t rush it. 6. I only used 2 cups of conf. sugar in the icing. Just add the sugar by the cup and check taste after every one and stop adding it when the flavor is the way you like it. It is worth the extra time. I know I could have won a cake cook-off with this one.
- “jillian” : This is my first banana cake and I followed the recipe exactly. Boy am I glad I did! This is so moist and delicious!!!! I topped it with 1/2 cup of finely chopped walnuts which is the only thing I would add. I was a bit skeptical about cooking a cake at 275 and then putting it in the freezer. I never heard of such a thing. Please follow the directions, you’ll be glad you did. For me it took 1 hour and 10 minutes until the toothpick came out clean. Maybe that’s where people are having trouble – taking the cake out of the oven before it’s done and then putting it in the freezer. I made the icing while the cake was cooling in the freezer. I topped it with the icing and nuts and then stuck it in the refrigerator to have after dinner. I will definitely make this again!
- “janna” : I always make a recipe the first time without any changes. This was “country good”, however this is more like a light banana bread in texture than that of cake, REAL HEAVY. By the second day we scraped the frosting off and just ate the cake. As with all cakes I bake 300 degrees seems to make a more tender cake. This batter goes from jiggly center to done quickly and may need more oven time than the recipe called for.
- “denise” : I have made this recipe many times and it is wonderful. Frost with a homemade caramel frosting and it is out of this world. Frosting: 1/3 cup butter, 1/4 cup milk, 1 cup brown sugar, 2 cups powdered sugar and 1 tsp vanilla. Combine butter, milk and brown sugar. Cook over medium heat for a few minutes after mixture begins to boil. Beat in powdered sugar and vanilla. Pour over cake.
- “tracy” : I didn’t think that a better recipe existed besides my grandmother’s, but boy was I wrong! This banana cake was unbelievable. I took it to a family dinner and got rave reviews. Was told that this is the best banana cake ever had by one guest and my grandfather said he would even eat it without the icing! I followed the recipe pretty closely although I did take other’s advice and bake for about 45 minutes on 325. Threw it straight in the freezer for 45 minutes afterwards. Delicious icing- even my husband, a serious icing critic, loved this! Plenty of icing left that I put in the freezer for maybe cinnamon rolls one morning. Excellent dessert Cindy and thank you for sharing this with us all!
So HOW TO MAKE THIS TASTY RECIPE? don’t worry it’s easy! This delicious homemade recipe is easy to make and walks you through the steps and all the ingredients on how to make it on the next page!
Please head on over to > NEXT PAGE button: